.If you could travel to just one place in the Universe

Old October 26th, 2009, 07:35 PM posted to rec.travel.misc,alt.religion,alt.politics,sci.astro,alt.astronomy
giveitawhirl2008

Default .If you could travel to just one place in the Universe

[Note: extra post 'cuz Google will not let me post a reply to an
original, to extra groups]

On Oct 21, 4:42 am, Trevor wrote:

If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.

That is almost a cruel question: if you had to choose just ONE place,
knowing there are virtually an infinite number of awesome sites in the
Universe. It sure would be nice to get some travel brochures, first,
with up close photos and info. By default, I would start with the
furthest known galaxy, then narrow it down from there.
At a recent astronomy club meeting, I saw a photo from Hubble -
probably the Hubble Ultra Deep Field. The lecturer mentionened it was
taken by Hubble staring at a "blank' spot in the celestial sphere, for
400 (working) days consequetively. There were, literally, ten thousand
objects in the photo. Only FIVE were stars, which were in our own
galaxy. The rest were distant galaxies!
Main reason for this astounding cosmos: It is quite obviously that God
is saying, ":Look at this. I created this for my glory! It is giving
you a hint of my glory."
But second thing I take from this: well, with just one place to visit,
I might well choose one of those galaxies. Then, as I said, narrow it
down from there.http://hubblesite.org/newscenter/arc...eases/2004/07/
Here's a hint of what you MIGHT see somewhere out thehttp://www.sci-fi-o-rama.com/2008/07...elling-cities-...
**********http://1mmph.yolasite.com/

Yes in deed, perhaps we should go for our second captured moon
"Cruithne", of merely 1.3e14 kg would be extremely interesting and
otherwise extremely nearby, as well as offering minimal Delta-V.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/3753_Cruithne

Giveitawhril2008 replies:

Yes, Cruithne might be interesting to visit and it turns out there may
be numerous other "moons," but didn't they use to just call these
"earth-orbiting asteroids?"

Old October 26th, 2009, 08:20 PM posted to rec.travel.misc,alt.religion,alt.politics,sci.astro,alt.astronomy
BradGuth

On Oct 21, 4:42 am, Trevor wrote:
[...]

*Brad Guth, Brad_Guth, Brad.Guth, BradGuth, BG / “Guth Usenet”

Giveitawhril2008 replies:

Yes, Cruithne might be interesting to visit and it turns out there may
be numerous other "moons," but didn't they use to just call these
"earth-orbiting asteroids?"

Correct, although imported asteroids or planetoids and proto-moons
from Sirius B might also be the case. For all we know the seemingly
newish planet Venus and even its original moon Selene came from Sirius
B.

Old October 28th, 2009, 01:19 AM posted to rec.travel.misc,alt.religion,alt.politics,sci.astro,alt.astronomy
Mark Earnest

On Oct 21, 4:42 am, Trevor wrote:

If it was possible for you to go anywhere in the universe outside
of Earth, where would you most like to go and please say why,
for anywhere named.

I'd go to Europa, and find out why Arthur C. Clarke did not
want us to land there.