Google Groups problems?

Old June 29th, 2011, 11:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

Default Google Groups problems?

None of my various Google Groups are showing any posts since June 25.
Me or them?
Old June 30th, 2011, 06:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Hatunen

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 12:49:38 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Wed, 29 Jun 2011 03:27:05 -0700 (PDT), Surreyman
wrote:

None of my various Google Groups are showing any posts since June 25. Me
or them?

Them. There are allegations that Google are making access to google
groups browser dependent.
I've just tried using Google Chrome but it made no difference. My post
on June 25th was the last post :-)

Huh?

Then how come I'm seeing this post dated 29 June?

Oh. You're using Forte Agent on an ISP. Why does anyone use Googlegroups,
anyway?

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Baja Arizona, out where the cacti grow
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:19 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Hatunen

On Fri, 01 Jul 2011 00:01:29 +0200, Martin wrote:

wrote:

None of my various Google Groups are showing any posts since June 25.
Me or them?

Them. There are allegations that Google are making access to google
groups browser dependent.
I've just tried using Google Chrome but it made no difference. My post
on June 25th was the last post :-)

Huh?

Then how come I'm seeing this post dated 29 June?

Last post on google groups.

Oh. You're using Forte Agent on an ISP. Why does anyone use
Googlegroups, anyway?

I'm told people do it to access groups from internet cafes.

If you have a news server you use which is not part of your ISP a regular
news reader will continue to work at internet cafes, airports, etc.

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Baja Arizona, out where the cacti grow
Old July 1st, 2011, 12:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Bert Hyman

In David Hatunen
wrote:

If you have a news server you use which is not part of your ISP a
regular news reader will continue to work at internet cafes, airports,
etc.

If the machines at your cafe have news clients installed, or if you're
carrying one around on your USB memory stick, and if you're willing to
enter your userid and password on such a machine.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:38 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Hatunen

On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:32:18 +0000, Bert Hyman wrote:

In David Hatunen
wrote:

If you have a news server you use which is not part of your ISP a
regular news reader will continue to work at internet cafes, airports,
etc.

If the machines at your cafe have news clients installed, or if you're
carrying one around on your USB memory stick, and if you're willing to
enter your userid and password on such a machine.

Ah. I see what you're getting at. Using *their* computers. In my mind
nearly everyone has their own laptop or netbook.

Never mind....

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Baja Arizona, out where the cacti grow
Old July 1st, 2011, 01:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Epsilon

David Hatunen wrote:
:: On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 23:32:18 +0000, Bert Hyman wrote:
::
::: In David Hatunen
::: wrote:
:::
:::: If you have a news server you use which is not part of your ISP a
:::: regular news reader will continue to work at internet cafes,
:::: airports, etc.
:::
::: If the machines at your cafe have news clients installed, or if
::: you're carrying one around on your USB memory stick, and if you're
::: willing to enter your userid and password on such a machine.
::
:: Ah. I see what you're getting at. Using *their* computers. In my mind
:: nearly everyone has their own laptop or netbook.
::
:: Never mind....

Not everyone takes a laptop or netbook during their travels. Some prefer
the less-to-carry-and-lose-the-better approach.

Old July 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

"Epsilon" wrote:

Not everyone takes a laptop or netbook during their travels. Some prefer
the less-to-carry-and-lose-the-better approach.

Oh, I was one of those pre-iPad, too. Now I travel even lighter; it's
lighter than the paper I used to carry 8-)
--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old July 1st, 2011, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Erilar

Bert Hyman wrote:
In David Hatunen
wrote:

If you have a news server you use which is not part of your ISP a
regular news reader will continue to work at internet cafes, airports,
etc.

If the machines at your cafe have news clients installed, or if you're
carrying one around on your USB memory stick, and if you're willing to
enter your userid and password on such a machine.

I've been able to use mine with my iPad away from home. I just can't send
regular mail from Mail.app, only receive it; I have to use my ISP's webmail
site, for which, of course, I do need my password. That webmail is ALL I
can use at all on strange computers, and I had trouble even accessing that
quite often from the one in a hotel I stayed at in Sicily 3 years ago. I
suppose I could have tried google groups, butthere was usually someone else
waiying for the computer.

--
Erilar, biblioholic medievalist with iPad
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Surreyman[_3_]

wrote:

None of my various Google Groups are showing any posts since June 25. Me
or them?

Them. There are allegations that Google are making access to google
groups *browser dependent.
I've just tried using Google Chrome but it made no difference. My post
on June 25th was the last post :-)

Huh?

Then how come I'm seeing this post dated 29 June?

Oh. You're using Forte Agent on an ISP. Why does anyone use Googlegroups,
anyway?

--
Dave Hatunen, Tucson, Baja Arizona, out where the cacti grow

Ah - mine have come back up to 30th., but none for today (1st.).
Old July 2nd, 2011, 08:18 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Beer Tricks Potter

On Jun 29, 12:27*pm, Surreyman wrote:
None of my various Google Groups are showing any posts since June 25.
Me or them?

DSK's Gobble Gropes are also having problems....