Wanted: 1 week rental in London

Old July 2nd, 2007, 12:17 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jeff[_1_]

Default Wanted: 1 week rental in London

We're traveling to London in February are looking for a 1 week rental of an
apartment. Need to sleep 4. Must be in a safe area. Thanks,

Jeff

Old July 2nd, 2007, 04:52 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mimi

"Jeff" wrote in message
We're traveling to London in February are looking for a 1 week rental of
an apartment. Need to sleep 4. Must be in a safe area. Thanks,

Check out the web site www.slowtrav.com. It has rental reviews as well as
reviews of rental agencies. And lots more travel information.

Marianne

Old July 2nd, 2007, 07:31 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
bob[_4_]

On Sun, 1 Jul 2007 16:17:52 -0700, "Jeff"
wrote:

We're traveling to London in February are looking for a 1 week rental of an
apartment. Need to sleep 4. Must be in a safe area. Thanks,

what are the dates in february?
Old July 3rd, 2007, 01:05 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Clohogue

"Jeff" wrote in message
We're traveling to London in February are looking for a 1 week rental of
an apartment. Need to sleep 4. Must be in a safe area. Thanks,

Jeff

Here's a link to a small London apartment I have stayed in 4 times at this
stage and staying again for a few days this August. I originally picked it
from a recommendation on this newsgroup in 2001. It's not terribly big or
fancy, but it is clean, safe, convenient and most importantly (for me
anyway) good value as London goes @ £80stg per night. We have had 4 in it a
few times, but it wouldn't suit all groups of 4, depends on the make up of
the group. Living room/kitchenette with double sofa bed (I can vouch that
the sofa bed is comfy and full size), bedroom with 2 single beds and
bathroom. E-mail me if you want to ask any specific questions. I have no
connection whatsoever to the person who owns this apartment, as I said I
picked it from a recommendation here from an Australian girl who had stayed
there, and it worked well for us, which is why we keep returning.

http://www.holiday-rentals.co.uk/Eng...ndon/p1904.htm

Regards
Anne Marie

Old July 3rd, 2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Tue, 3 Jul 2007 01:05:48 +0100, "Clohogue"
wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
[...]

I thought about Mike's apartment for the OP, but I couldn't
remember whether the sofa was a pullout, because he needs to
sleep 4. Thanks for clarifying.

Was it me who suggested it to you; I vaguely recall it may
have been - or was it just coincidence, as I haven't changed
gender? In any case excellent value, excellent location. I
stayed in it in June/July 2003.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltraveloz.blogspot.com/
latest: Kuranda Skyrail near Cairns
Old July 5th, 2007, 12:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Clohogue

wrote:

"Jeff" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Alan,

Nope, just a pure coincidence as it was 2001 when I first stayed in the
apartment and although I can't remember the name of the person who
recommended it, it was definitely a female. Interesting though that there
are 2 of us here on this newsgroup who thought of the very same apartment in
London.

I did stay in another apartment once in London, but it's too long ago to be
of any use as a recommendation. That one was in 1989 in Earls Court, it was
nice & clean too and price wasn't bad, but the Marble Arch apartment is so
much more convenient, easy to walk to many of the tourist spots, not
necessarily having to use public transport all of the time. Those hop-on,
hop-off buses which are so popular with many tourists (especially for a
short stay) have a stop just around the corner at the top of Oxford St.
(I've never actually taken one of those, but I believe they are quite good).

The only other area in London that I have stayed is in a B&B in Sussex
Gardens, near Paddington Station, again that little bit further out and
slightly less convenient (and a bit more expensive when there is a group of
4).

Anne Marie (Ireland)

Old July 6th, 2007, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On Thu, 5 Jul 2007 00:28:43 +0100, "Clohogue"
wrote:

[...]

What a fascinating thing coincidence is:-)

I left it too late to book last year; drat. However, we
ended up in the Thistle Marble Arch via Priceline UK for 73
quid. Almost in the same spot; I still would have preferred
Mike's place for 80.

Hopefully it will still be available for me next year; can't
book until I finalise other things.

I've visited Eire twice now and loved it; scary place to
drive though:-)

Cheers, Alan, Australia