chilly Mediterranean

Old May 7th, 2006, 08:09 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default chilly Mediterranean

Southern Spain seems to be far too cold a place for my complexion this
morning.

Old May 7th, 2006, 12:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message
Southern Spain seems to be far too cold a place for my complexion this
morning.

You should have come to Surrey. We hit 82F a couple of days ago!

Surreyman

Old May 7th, 2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:
On Sun, 07 May 2006 11:29:41 GMT, "a.spencer3"
wrote:

"Markku Grönroos" wrote in message

Southern Spain seems to be far too cold a place for my complexion this
morning.

You should have come to Surrey. We hit 82F a couple of days ago!

What's that in real temperature units? F was dumped more than 40 years
ago by the UK Met Office. Why do they persist in giving the F
equivalent on weather forecasts? If UK ever changes to Euros can we
expect the equivalent in 1945 white 5 pound notes to be given?

Possibly out of courtesy to the Americans, who are the last people on
the planet to use F, AFAIK.

C = 5*(F-32)/9, F = 32+ 9*C/5

T.

Old May 7th, 2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:

You should have come to Surrey. We hit 82F a couple of days ago!

What's that in real temperature units? F was dumped more than 40 years
ago by the UK Met Office. Why do they persist in giving the F
equivalent on weather forecasts? If UK ever changes to Euros can we
expect the equivalent in 1945 white 5 pound notes to be given?

Quite normal on continental Europe for dual pricing to be used. In
France, price stickers and till receipts are printed in both Euros and
Francs. Only in Britain is this sensible common-sense approach held to
be somehow dangerous.
Old May 8th, 2006, 09:46 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 07 May 2006 17:18:07 +0200, Tom Peel
wrote:

Martin wrote:

What's that in real temperature units? F was dumped more than 40 years
ago by the UK Met Office. Why do they persist in giving the F
equivalent on weather forecasts? If UK ever changes to Euros can we
expect the equivalent in 1945 white 5 pound notes to be given?

Possibly out of courtesy to the Americans, who are the last people on
the planet to use F, AFAIK.

C = 5*(F-32)/9, F = 32+ 9*C/5

If you just want to know whether you need a sweater, double the
Celsius and add 30 to get the Fahrenheit equivalent. In the other
direction, subtract 30 and halve the result. This is rather
inaccurate at high temperatures, but you already know you won't need a
sweater when it's that hot. Just remember that if it's over 30
Celsius, it's pretty damn hot.
--
Barbara Vaughan
My email address is my first initial followed by my surname at libero dot it
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Earl Evleth

The most important thing that the Brits could learn is to drive
on the proper side of the road.

I can drive on left or right according to the rule in the country
I'm in. People who cant should consider stopping driving.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old May 9th, 2006, 10:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Mike O'Sullivan

Only in Britain is this sensible common-sense approach held to
be somehow dangerous.

you want prices in decimal and LSD?