Luggage when going Aswan to Abu Simbel

Old October 16th, 2003, 09:37 PM
LesLes

Default Luggage when going Aswan to Abu Simbel

I have a day without accommodation in Aswan next week, catching the 6pm
train to Cairo.

I will come to Aswan the day before that, by a cruising ship, boarding
off in the morning.

I plan to go to Abu Simbel by microbus. I understand that the convoy
leaves Aswan around 4am.

Does anybody know where could I safely store my luggage for that day?

Old October 17th, 2003, 06:30 AM
Tashi

whatever hotel your staying will put your luggage in storage. I'm assuming
your leaving at 4am from a hotel no?

Old October 17th, 2003, 01:36 PM
LesLes

whatever hotel your staying will put your luggage in storage. I'm
assuming your leaving at 4am from a hotel no?

As I wrote, I do not have a hotel in Aswan - that is the problem!

I am supposed to get off the ship that morning (i.e. I'm checking out).

So, is there a place where I could safely store my luggage for that day?

Old October 17th, 2003, 06:23 PM
JP

As I wrote, I do not have a hotel in Aswan - that is the problem!

I am supposed to get off the ship that morning (i.e. I'm checking out).

So, is there a place where I could safely store my luggage for that day?

Hello.

Maybe it's an idea to go to a hotel-lobby and ask them if they would like to
store your luggage for that day for a few pounds. An example would be the
Cleopatra-hotel, a short distance from the Nile. Just ask them how much it
will cost from the start, so, showing them that you are not looking for a
free gift, maybe in that way they are more willing to help. On the other
hand, if doing so, be carefull not to pay "just" a bellboy that will not be
there when you return in the afternoon, so, make it a little official.

Regards, John.

Old October 18th, 2003, 06:44 AM
Tashi

ask your guide on the boat where it is possible he may know of a place. If
you don't have alot of luggage ie: a bag and a backpack, take it with you on
the bus that way you know it will be safe, you can leave it safely jon the
bus while you tour abu simble.
I went by plane and left my stuff in the hotel who put the bags in a safe
locked room, if you go to a hotel you can do what John said.
what ever you do decide to do though, make sure you keep your valuables ON
YOU....not in the bag..