Points of interest between Bristol and Stansted

Old April 11th, 2013, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerrit

Default Points of interest between Bristol and Stansted

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:33:08 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Wed, 10 Apr 2013 18:59:48 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
m...
On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 22:40:18 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
news:a5i7m8981oko1s73e5c2o5m6k0papve6te@4ax. com...
On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 12:54:46 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
news:h1d6m8t6lh9ir97s95d4e1kopfq7iij3h5@4a x.com...
On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 20:53:13 +0000 (UTC), Jesper Lauridsen
wrote:

I'll be driving from Bristol to Stansted airport on a Sunday and
have
around 7 hours at my disposal, so I'm looking for somewhere
interesting
to make stop on the way.

M25? :-)

Interests would be great nature, grand architecture or maybe some
old
town.

Avebury, Windsor, London

Oxford, Bicester, Aylesbury maybe?

Imperial War Museum in Duxford.

Bourton-on-the-Water, the two Slaughters, Blenheim Palace

Midsomer towns and villages
http://www.absolutetouring.co.uk/tours/

and this in particular
http://www.absolutetouring.co.uk/pla...urders-country

and the MM website
http://midsomermurders.org/midsomer.htm

and a million other places, almost anywhere except Pernis :-)
--

We are agreed on Pernis. :-)

Gerrit - Oz (born in Pernis)

I think of you every time we pass Pernis on the way to catch the ferry
:-)
--

Didn't think I was that memorable :-)

It takes my mind off the stink
--

Glad to be of service.

Gerrit - Oz

Old April 12th, 2013, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Gerrit

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 21:36:26 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:33:08 +0800, "Gerrit" wrote:

m...

news:dnb8m85a6er3hrlqvpvghke84nn9qf91dr@4ax. com...

wrote:

[...]

AFAIR Pernis was a potential disaster site in a recent report.
--

Wouldn't surprise me.
Already in 1952 (before we left to go live in Australia) there were times

Gerrit - Oz

Old April 14th, 2013, 12:03 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dan Stephenson

On 2013-04-08 15:53:13 -0500, Jesper Lauridsen said:

I'll be driving from Bristol to Stansted airport on a Sunday and have
around 7 hours at my disposal, so I'm looking for somewhere interesting
to make stop on the way.

Interests would be great nature, grand architecture or maybe some old town.

I'll second someone else's suggestion to visit Bath. It has nice
Geogian architecture, and a pretty cathedral. The Roman baths can be
toured.

Winding your way through the Cotswolds visiting tiny villages would
also be very picturesque.

Close to the airport is St. Alban's, with an interesting cathedral,
Roman ruins, and the museum has some great mosaics salvaged.

--
Dan Stephenson
http://stepheda.com

Old April 18th, 2013, 10:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On Mon, 8 Apr 2013 22:03:21 +0100, "Graham Harrison"
wrote:
Don't stop until you get there. Why? Well, your major issue is

going to
be getting round London. Sunday it might be but the traffic can

be a real
problem.

The M25 part of the trip took 41 minutes.
Old April 18th, 2013, 10:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jesper Lauridsen[_1_]

On Tue, 9 Apr 2013 13:57:56 +0200, Giovanni Drogo
wrote:
On Mon, 8 Apr 2013, Jesper Lauridsen wrote:

I'll be driving from Bristol to Stansted airport ...
to make stop on the way.

Are Bath or Wells too far off the way ?

I had originally planned to visit Bath for an evening during my stay,
but there wasn't time. So Bath was the Sunday visit after first
making a trek to Vale Street in Bristol.
Old April 19th, 2013, 07:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mark Brader

Jesper Lauridsen:
So Bath was the Sunday visit after first making a trek to
Vale Street in Bristol.

And how steep was it, in degrees, in percentage points, or your
other chosen unit? grin
--
Mark Brader, Toronto | "Abel was I ere I saw non-Abelian groups"