1930s Airliner Over London

Old February 19th, 2007, 04:54 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc
Mike Hunt

Default 1930s Airliner Over London

Frank F. Matthews wrote:

Erick T. Barkhuis wrote:

Frank F. Matthews:

But an ounce of feathers weighs less than an ounce of gold.

Then how do you know that both are an ounce?

You use the appropriate scales.

Who was talking about fish?
Old February 20th, 2007, 09:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.uk.air,alt.travel
Miss L. Toe

"Calif Bill" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Mike Hunt" postmaster@localhost wrote in message
Alan S wrote:
On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 23:50:32 -0000, "Ian F."
wrote:

"Jeff Hacker" wrote in message
gy.net...

Sounds interesting. One question from a dumb American - I forgot how

convert "stone" to "pounds"

There are 14 pounds (lbs) in a stone.

or "kilograms,"

Don't know about them - they're foreign. ;-)

Ian

Multiply kg by 2.2 to convert to pounds.

Which weighs more? A pound of Gold or a pound of feathers.

But which would have more mass on the moon ?

Old February 20th, 2007, 10:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.uk.air,alt.travel
Frank F. Matthews

wrote:

"Jeff Hacker" wrote in message
digy.net...

Sounds interesting. One question from a dumb American - I forgot how

convert "stone" to "pounds"

There are 14 pounds (lbs) in a stone.

or "kilograms,"

Don't know about them - they're foreign. ;-)

Ian

Multiply kg by 2.2 to convert to pounds.

Which weighs more? A pound of Gold or a pound of feathers.

But which would have more mass on the moon ?

Anything which weighs more at a given location has more mass. The mass
will not change wherever you move it to.

Old February 21st, 2007, 07:49 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.uk.air,alt.travel
Alohacyberian

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

Anything which weighs more at a given location has more mass. The mass
will not change wherever you move it to.

That isn't necessarily true - I asked a Roman Catholic Priest and he assured
me that mass in Hong Kong when moved is different from mass in Rome and
different again when moved to Patagonia. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website view over 3,600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI, and

Old February 22nd, 2007, 05:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.uk.air,alt.travel
Frank F. Matthews

Alohacyberian wrote:

"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

Anything which weighs more at a given location has more mass. The mass
will not change wherever you move it to.

That isn't necessarily true - I asked a Roman Catholic Priest and he assured
me that mass in Hong Kong when moved is different from mass in Rome and
different again when moved to Patagonia. KM

A mass perhaps but not mass.

Old February 22nd, 2007, 10:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air,rec.travel.europe,rec.travel.misc,alt.travel.uk.air,alt.travel
Alohacyberian

Alohacyberian wrote:
"Frank F. Matthews" wrote in message

Anything which weighs more at a given location has more mass. The mass
will not change wherever you move it to.

That isn't necessarily true - I asked a Roman Catholic Priest and he
assured me that mass in Hong Kong when moved is different from mass in
Rome and different again when moved to Patagonia. KM

A mass perhaps but not mass.

LOL! Well, you didn't say "mass", you wrote, "The mass" - love your sense
of humor. KM