What kind of bag should I bring?

Old September 12th, 2006, 03:58 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default What kind of bag should I bring?

Hi,

I'm going to be spending October traveling/backpacking around New
Zealand and am wondering what people think the best luggage-option is.
Would you bring (1) an internal frame camping backpack, or (2) a
rolling duffle bag? I've always used an internal frame backpack in the
past, but wonder if a rolling duffle makes more sense in this
day-and-age. I'm curious what people think.

Also, for those of you that have gone on "tramps," is it best to go on
them with a small rucksack or a big-mama internal frame backpack?

Thanks!
Ben

Old September 12th, 2006, 05:37 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Fred[_1_]

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm going to be spending October traveling/backpacking around New
Zealand and am wondering what people think the best luggage-option is.
Would you bring (1) an internal frame camping backpack, or (2) a
rolling duffle bag? I've always used an internal frame backpack in the
past, but wonder if a rolling duffle makes more sense in this
day-and-age. I'm curious what people think.

Also, for those of you that have gone on "tramps," is it best to go on
them with a small rucksack or a big-mama internal frame backpack?

If you are talking about proper NZ tramps, e.g. Milford track, Heaphy,
Kepler, Stewart Island, Hollyford, Routeburn - to name some well known ones
you most definitely need a proper frame pack and certainly not a rucksack.
Internal or external doesn't matter as long as you are comfortable with it.
External frames are becoming quite rare, although they're perfectly okay. If
you've still got the internal frame pack you mention that will do you for
the whole trip.

Old September 13th, 2006, 11:03 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
www.poms.co.uk

wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I'm going to be spending October traveling/backpacking around New
Zealand and am wondering what people think the best luggage-option is.
Would you bring (1) an internal frame camping backpack, or (2) a
rolling duffle bag? I've always used an internal frame backpack in the
past, but wonder if a rolling duffle makes more sense in this
day-and-age. I'm curious what people think.

Also, for those of you that have gone on "tramps," is it best to go on
them with a small rucksack or a big-mama internal frame backpack?

Thanks!
Ben

small rucksack

--

www.experimentalist.co.uk/shop/index.php
Australia, New Zealand, USA, German, UK, South Africa, Thailand, Brazil Sim