Recommendation of Hotel in Ft. Lauderdale

Old December 24th, 2004, 08:56 PM
0 O

Keep in mind - FEB is high season in FT Lauderdale =do not expect many
bargins.

Old December 24th, 2004, 08:56 PM
0 O

Old December 25th, 2004, 06:08 AM
A. Scott

My recommendation: The Pillars at New River Sound. It's rather close
to Sheraton Yankee Clipper and is a fantastic boutique hotel. Stays
ed there for $149/nt and was one of the most charming and romantic
stays in FLL I've ever had. Go to www.pillarshotel.com.

Enjoy!

On Thu, 23 Dec 2004 16:43:31 GMT, "Jean O'Boyle"
wrote:

Sorry, I know this has been a topic that has been discussed before, but at
the time I was not going, so I did not save the information...;-( If you
have stayed in a hotel for a pre-cruise in Ft. Lauderdale that you
especially liked, please let me know, as we need to book one in
mid-January...
Thanks!

--Jean

Old December 25th, 2004, 07:31 AM
Karen Chan

Went to the Caribbean last year on HAL, and stayed at the Hampton Inn in
Plantation the night before and the night after. Worked out well... the
hotel had a free shuttle to take us from the airport to hotel, hotel to
pier, and then from pier back to hotel and then to airport.

Paid for the hotel with Hilton points so both nights were free.
Couldn't really beat that, not even with a stick!

BTW, we had dinner in Ft. Lauderdale at a restaurant named "Mango" (or
maybe "Mangoes"?. It was great food.

Karen

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
Karen M. Chan | | Whatever Happens... Smile!
http://www.geocities.com/karenmchan/creations.html
http://www.linkline.com/personal/kmchan/index.html

Old December 25th, 2004, 06:34 PM

Agreed! A family member tried Priceline to get us a great deal on a
hotel. She tried several start ratings, prices, and locations with no
luck. Looks like many of the hotels feel they are able to get rid of
their room with out the help of Priceline. This person also tried
Hotwire, but was not impressed with their prices.

We just decided to stay with the Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Cruise
Port/Airport.

We are also renting a car, as I heard that there are only a couple of
resturants to eat near this property. Will also be nice if we decide to
do some sight seeing before or after our cruise.

Michael

Old December 25th, 2004, 07:52 PM
Laura Billmers

For those who feel that it is significant that a hotel offers a free
shuttle to the pier, at least the the Sheraton Yankee Clipper a taxi was
only $10.00. If you get your own taxi, you can go whenever YOU choose.
We got to the pier very early and got on the ship around 11:30 am.
The cabins were not ready yet, but the buffet on the Lido deck was open
and you got free rein on the ship, everywhere except your cabin. We got
into our cabin around 1:30.

Old January 1st, 2005, 11:43 PM
Karen Chan

The hotel shuttle wasn't necessarily "significant", but it was indeed
convenient. We were relaxed enough in our schedule and traveling
pattern that taking the hotel shuttle worked for us, and a taxi wasn't
required.

For cruises, an airport-hotel-pier shuttle is something we look for in
the hotels we use before and/or after the cruise. It doesn't have to be
free, necessarily, just convenient.

Happy New Year, and Happy 2005 Travels Everyone!

--