tight SAS connection at CPH

Old March 13th, 2005, 09:33 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

Default tight SAS connection at CPH

[originally posted in r.t.e.]

Has anyone got experience with late evening connections at CPH? We're
thinking of flying SAS from MAN to BGO in late April, but the connection
time is only 40 minutes! Could we expect them to put us up in a hotel if
we miss the connection? There is an earlier flight via AMS on KLM, but
with a similarly tight connection time (45 minutes.) I just don't know
if I'd want to end up at CPH at, say 11pm (if the flight was a bit late)
having to look for a representative to organise a hotel, etc.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net
Old March 13th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Thur

"chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn" wrote
news:1gtcvss.wgk05cmzv6rkN%this_address_is_for_spa ...
Has anyone got experience with late evening connections at CPH? We're
thinking of flying SAS from MAN to BGO in late April, but the connection
time is only 40 minutes!

Acoording to experiences on
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3767249 the minimum connection
time at CPH is 45 minutes. I'm not sure how strict they (SAS) enforce that,
so to be sure you should call SAS and ask whether or not it is a valid
connection. If it is, then there should be no worries about what happens if
you actually do miss the flight.

we miss the connection? There is an earlier flight via AMS on KLM, but
with a similarly tight connection time (45 minutes.)

The minimum connection time (for inter-European flights) at AMS is 40
minutes[1], which would be more ok. CPH and AMS have the one-terminal
concept, so tighter connections are possible. To be sure, ask whether it is
a valid connection.
Greetings,

[1]: KLM timetable 2002 PDF http://tinyurl.com/3pqne