Check luggage at Gatwick? Also Gatwick Express question

Old April 10th, 2005, 01:43 AM
HH

Default Check luggage at Gatwick? Also Gatwick Express question

My wife and I have a long daytime layover at Gatwick and will take the
Gatwick Express to London for a few hours. We would like to leave our
carryon bags in the airport if possible. I realize that coin lockers are
history. Is there a room where small bags can be checked for a few hours?

At what London station does the Gatwick Express go?

Harlan
---
[If you reply to my email address, please delete the word REMOVE from the
address.]

Old April 10th, 2005, 01:45 AM
HH

Forgot to mention: the question refers to North Terminal.

Harlan
---

Old April 10th, 2005, 01:47 AM
chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn

HH wrote:

My wife and I have a long daytime layover at Gatwick and will take the
Gatwick Express to London for a few hours. We would like to leave our
carryon bags in the airport if possible. I realize that coin lockers are
history. Is there a room where small bags can be checked for a few hours?

Yes, they have a left luggage facility- certainly in the south terminal,
and perhaps the north too. (the website for the airport is down-
probably temporary maintenance.) It's around 5 UKP a bag however, and I
wouldn't be surprised if that has gone up recently!

At what London station does the Gatwick Express go?

Victoria.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net

Old April 10th, 2005, 01:51 AM

HH wrote:

Forgot to mention: the question refers to North Terminal.

I just replied in another post. The website I normally use for Gatwick
(www.baa.co.uk/gatwick) seems to be down temporarily, but I remembered
the name of the left luggage company!

http://www.excess-baggage.co.uk/

They do indeed have a facility at the north terminal, open 0600-2200.
(The one at the south terminal is 24 hour.) Also, the price is now UKP
5.50 per bag.

--
David Horne- www.davidhorne.net

Old April 10th, 2005, 02:39 AM
HH

Thanks for the prompt, informative responses. They were right on target.

Harlan
---

Old April 10th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Norman Billingham

"HH" wrote in message
| My wife and I have a long daytime layover at Gatwick and will take the
| Gatwick Express to London for a few hours. We would like to leave our
| carryon bags in the airport if possible. I realize that coin lockers are
| history. Is there a room where small bags can be checked for a few

hours?

| At what London station does the Gatwick Express go?

Don't know about left luggage, but the Gatwick express leaves from South
treminal and goes to London Victoria - takes 30 mins.

You can easily get from North to South terminal - there is a shuttle train
every few minutes.

Ask for a day return ticket on the train - cheaper than two singles.

Southern Rail also goes to Victoria - much cheaper but takes longer as it's
a stopping service

Old April 10th, 2005, 11:04 AM
Norman Billingham