Cunard Refunds 100%

Old January 26th, 2006, 08:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Cunard Refunds 100%

Hi Everyone,

I have some "embedded reporters" vbg on board the QM2. I have
received word that Cunard has decided to refund 100% of their cruise &
air fare. In addition, Cunard President Carol Marlow will meet the
ship in Rio to apologize for the missed ports. If you have missed any
of my news' postings, they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old January 26th, 2006, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Ray Goldenberg" wrote

I have some "embedded reporters" vbg on board the QM2. I have
received word that Cunard has decided to refund 100% of their cruise &
air fare. In addition, Cunard President Carol Marlow will meet the
ship in Rio to apologize for the missed ports.

I am sure that won't be enough for some people. After all, Cunard "screwed
things up" and destroyed some people's "vacation of a lifetime" and no
amount of money will ever be compensation for having to endure this cruise
from Hell.

I think that Carol Marlow should sacrifice her first-born child on the pier
in Rio to prove how contrite she is. In addition, publicly hanging the
ship's Captain would make a bold corporate statement showing that Cunard
will go to any lengths to appease customer resentment.

Cunard should then supply each and every passenger with their own personal
psychologist in order to help them get over the trauma of being held captive
on board a luxury ship when missing these ports. Who knows what
consequences will develop later as a result of this horrendous happenstance?
Perhaps Cunard should fund a study on Post-Traumatic Cruise Syndrome so
these poor unfortunate souls do not go berserk 20 years from now and do
something silly like trying to make Pina Coladas in their bedpans at the
Twin Pines Rest Home.

Finally, I think Cunard ought to organize the passengers and hire them a
lawyer so they can file a class-action suit against Carnival Corp.

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

Cruise Specials BLOG http://www.countryside-travel.com/3834677_6105.htm
May 20, 2006, Caribbean Princess - http://cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 29, 2006 - SLEAZY 4! http://cruisemaster.com/sleazy4.htm

Old January 26th, 2006, 10:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

George Leppla wrote:
"Ray Goldenberg" wrote
[...]

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really
feel, George :-) BTW, I agree.

Marsha/Ohio

Old January 26th, 2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Marsha" wrote in message
George Leppla wrote:

Finally, I think Cunard ought to organize the passengers and hire them a
lawyer so they can file a class-action suit against Carnival Corp.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel, George :-) BTW, I agree.

Marsha/Ohio

What this incident and the discussion here proves that there IS a reason for
all of these cruises. It is sort of like "chocolate and vanilla".

Tom likes ports, and I like sea days.

There is no way I would have booked the cruise in question, but had I been
tortured into it, since we travel with a "Service Dog", and since she would
NOT have been allowed off of the ship in either St. Kitts or Barbados, we
would have stayed by the pool and baked and been thrilled with a 50% refund.

Now that Ray has posted that the refund is now 100%, hey, back that ship up
to Fort Lauderdale and we are there.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old January 27th, 2006, 12:15 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

That's absurd. The only thing that will accomplish is everyone will expect
unreasonable compensation for any itinerary deviation, regardless of the
reason. Which will only result in higher prices.

--
Greg

Old January 27th, 2006, 01:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Gregory C. Read wrote:
That's absurd. The only thing that will accomplish is everyone will expect
unreasonable compensation for any itinerary deviation, regardless of the
reason. Which will only result in higher prices.

Passenger aboard the ship e mailed this to the BBC:

"I am currently on board the Liner Queen Mary 2. I think it is about
time someone commended Commodore Warwick, his Officers and Crew for a
superb job. This is also difficult for them. I have seen many negative
reports in the media and feel it is all very biased. I have been reading
these stories with interest as I am in the middle of the 'action' so to
speak. Am I the only one to notice that most of the stories seem to come
from the same person? This is the same person that is trying to persuade
passengers to stage a 'sit-in'. I believe that he is sailing beyond Rio
so maybe he is just trying to make the ship late again so he can get 50%
off the second part of the Cruise. Who cares if we are at sea for the
whole time? The ship is better than any port we could stop at. This
whole issue is becoming tiresome and I wish this small group, and
believe me they are the minority, would stop trying to ruin everyone
else's cruise. They themselves have done more damage to our enjoyment
than anything else. One poor woman was asked to sit somewhere else
because she dared to argue against all their negativity. My only regret
here is that I have to sail with these 'cheap' passengers."

How B

Old January 27th, 2006, 01:22 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

The only thing that will accomplish is everyone will expect
unreasonable compensation for any itinerary deviation, regardless of
the
reason. Which will only result in higher prices.

Then the cruise sheeple will actually have to travel and enjoy a
location rather than being cooped up in a kennel sized room on a ship
with 2000 rude and stupid Americans.

Old January 27th, 2006, 01:32 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Gregory C.
Read wrote:

That's absurd. The only thing that will accomplish is everyone will expect
unreasonable compensation for any itinerary deviation, regardless of the
reason. Which will only result in higher prices.

It is great that they are doing the right thing. In this instance the
compensation is reasonable. It was more than an itinerary deviation, it
changed the whole character of the cruise.

--
Charles
Old January 27th, 2006, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , George Leppla
wrote:

Finally, I think Cunard ought to organize the passengers and hire them a
lawyer so they can file a class-action suit against Carnival Corp.

Are you sour about this because you don't agree they should make things
right with the passengers or because their giving a 100% refund is what
Tom believes? Your sure like to rant against him.

--
Charles
Old January 27th, 2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Charles" wrote

Are you sour about this because you don't agree they should make things
right with the passengers or because their giving a 100% refund is what
Tom believes? Your sure like to rant against him.

I'm not sour about anything. Cunard made a decision that I don't agree
with. I guess that if I looked at it solely as a TA I would love the
decision to give 100% refunds. It makes the business look better and that
is never bad for my business. Funny.... I disagree with Cunard and I am
"sour". If I agreed with them and said "Rah Rah Cunard"... someone would
say I am an "industry shill".

I am having enough trouble trying to become a full-time travel whore. vbg

Looking at is as a pragmatic adult... I fail to see the negligence that
people are talking about or the damages to anyone's vacation to the extent
that a 100% refund is justified. What is next... refunds for missing ports
due to weather?

As far as Tom is concerned, he doesn't have a dog in this fight. This is
exactly the kind of cruise that he would never book but he uses phrases like
"ruining the vacation of a lifetime" etc. Tom likes to stir the pot and
unfortunately, his knee-jerk "anti-everything that is Carnival Corp"
attitude colors everything he writes. He is becoming the next Adam Frix.

If Mickey Arison walked on water, Tom would yell.... "See, I told you he
can't swim!"