Cunard Refunds 100%

Old January 28th, 2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Cunard Refunds 100%

In article , George Leppla
wrote:

And I am saying that your rights should not include demanding a full refund
because the ships misses ports due to an accident or weather or any other
reason. Partial refund maybe... but a full refund... no way.

I once had a customer threaten to sue me because it rained 3 of the 4 days
of her cruise and she bought a "tropical cruise" and didn't get it....
spending all her cruise in a tiny cabin on the Big Red Boat with three
whining children. Her vacation was probably damaged more than the people on
the QM2.... should I have given her a 100% refund?

You are comparing an issue with one customer with that of several
thousand who ended up with a very different cruise than they purchased.
And it had nothing to do with the weather. It is apples and oranges.

There is a point where quantity becomes quality, and that is where I
disagree with your pragmatism, (which is really empiricism), if it were
only a matter of one or two ports then I would say no refund or
partial. When the whole cruise becomes a different cruise experience
than booked like in this instance and it was due to a mechanical issue
with the ship then a full refund is appropriate.

--
Charles
Old January 28th, 2006, 01:09 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , George
Leppla wrote:

Great! In the same discussion Charles has called me "sour" because I don't
agree with Cunard's decision and Tom calls me an "apologist".

I say sour not because you disagree but because of your attitude which
comes through in reaction to the fact that the customers recieved their
100% refund.

--
Charles
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:28 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I think it's ludicrous that these people were given either a choice of
100% cash refund of both cruise and air, or a 50% cash refund and 75%
off a future cruise. Who do you think is going to wind up footing the
bill for this in the long run?

Jo-Ann

Old January 28th, 2006, 03:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

wrote in message
oups.com...
I think it's ludicrous that these people were given either a choice of
100% cash refund of both cruise and air, or a 50% cash refund and 75%
off a future cruise. Who do you think is going to wind up footing the
bill for this in the long run?

Shaquille O'Neil?

I think Micky Arrison (who owns the Miami Heat) pays Shaq $17 million a
year.

Maybe Micky asks Shaq to take a 10% cut.... HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

--Tom

Old January 28th, 2006, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article .com,
wrote:

I think it's ludicrous that these people were given either a choice of
100% cash refund of both cruise and air, or a 50% cash refund and 75%
off a future cruise. Who do you think is going to wind up footing the
bill for this in the long run?

Carnival Corp will pay for it in the short and long run.

--
Charles
Old January 28th, 2006, 08:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:12:23 -0500 in rec.travel.cruises, "George
Leppla" wrote:

ooking at is as a pragmatic adult... I fail to see the negligence that
people are talking about or the damages to anyone's vacation to the extent
that a 100% refund is justified.

you really are dense, but then you even admitted that you are a
whore for the industry!

PAX WERE NOT GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAVE THE SHIP BEFORE IT
LEFT PORT LATE AND CUNARD KNEW THE SHIP WOULD NOT MAKE THE
SCHEDULED PORT CALLS. they should have been given the
opportunity for some form of compensation prior to the time the
crippled ship left port.

but then you whore for the industry, not the pax.

If you want to see the real Alaska, don't come on a
cruise ship! See the cruise industry rogue's gallery
at http://www.cruisejunkie.com/#Environmental_Issues

Dennis P. Harris

Old January 28th, 2006, 01:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Dennis P. Harris" wrote

PAX WERE NOT GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO LEAVE THE SHIP BEFORE IT
LEFT PORT LATE AND CUNARD KNEW THE SHIP WOULD NOT MAKE THE
SCHEDULED PORT CALLS.

Ahhhhh... It must be true if Dennis says so. After all, he is the one in
the know. His reputation as a rational, unbiased poster on this newsgroup
is beyond question. Besides, he is the only one here who wears a fur hat
lined with aluminum foil.

but then you whore for the industry, not the pax.

Steinbrenner says I am not there yet, but I am working on it. vbg

--
George Leppla http://www.countryside-travel.com

Cruise Specials BLOG http://www.countryside-travel.com/3834677_6105.htm
May 20, 2006, Caribbean Princess - http://cruisemaster.com/caribprin.htm
October 29, 2006 - SLEAZY 4! http://cruisemaster.com/sleazy4.htm

Old January 28th, 2006, 02:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Sat, 28 Jan 2006 08:37:49 -0500, "George Leppla"
wrote:

Besides, he is the only one here who wears a fur hat
lined with aluminum foil.

Hi Everyone,

As my good deed for the day, I will post a link to said fur hat.
http://tinyurl.com/uaww
If the Juneau Empire asks for a user name and password, use:
Username: takeoff
Password: youhoser
BTW, this is an article regarding our old cruise basher Dennis getting
his court case thrown out by an obviously enlightened judge. ;+)

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old January 28th, 2006, 09:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thank you, Ray. I like the part where it says, "At a hearing Thursday
afternoon, which lasted a little more than five minutes, (Judge) Weeks
denied the request."

Obviously the judiciary in Alaska devotes more time to court cases which do
nothing more than waste the court's time than they do where I live.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old January 28th, 2006, 09:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Dick G." dickdotgoldhaber@gmaildotcom wrote in message
Thank you, Ray. I like the part where it says, "At a hearing Thursday
afternoon, which lasted a little more than five minutes, (Judge) Weeks
denied the request."

Obviously the judiciary in Alaska devotes more time to court cases which
do nothing more than waste the court's time than they do where I live.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

There was a story floating around the web last year about this guy. I don't
remember all the details, but the meat of the story was that his mother had
some kind of debilitating illness and he kept her locked up in a closet
because he wanted her to change her will so that he would inherit the house.