New Liquor Policy

Old August 26th, 2006, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Don & Lynn

Default New Liquor Policy

So much anger from the Alaskans. I grew up in a little beach town on the
Jersey shore and I kind of hated all those summer visitors so I guess I
understand.
Don

"Norm" wrote in message
k.net...
Got my Royal carib docs today. Their new liquor policy effective July 28,
2006 states in part that security may inspect containers (water bottles,
soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc) and will dispose of containers
containing alcohol. RCI's guest policy may be enforced, up to and
including disembarkation.

Guests who violate any alcohol policy ( overconsume, provide alcohol to to
people under 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal
alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time)
may be disbarred or not allowed to board, at their own expense.

You cant bring it aboard but you can drink to your hearts content at their
bars.

Do you think they will disbark a passenger who smuggles liquor aboard in
their checked luggage?

Old August 26th, 2006, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rieker

I'm wondering if that would include wine as well?

Only if it is non-alcoholic wine....I think Welch's makes it.

(its an alcohol policy, not a liquor policy)

Old August 27th, 2006, 11:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake " :

Paul Hoffman wrote:
Stephen, just out of curiosity, when did you receive your docs?

Paul
--
Paul Hoffman
Burlington ON

Paul,

Hard to say. I currently have two sets of docs, as I'm cruising again
9/10/06 on Carnival as well.

I have tossed the RCCL envelope, and the docs are not dated. I would
guess that it was 3-4 weeks ago. So around the time of the policy
change. Either right before or after.

The point still remains that I feel that I would be on solid legal
ground as I can only go by what MY docs/contract say. But I'm sure
that there is a loop-hole in that g

There is. It's their contract and they reserve the right to modify it
at any time.

Curious if they will have a sign posted where I hand over my bags
curbside, as I will drive myself to the port. Sure the porters could
give a rat's behind. But what happens in the shed is beyond my control
....or imagination.

A moot point nontheless, as I will have no potable alcohol in my
possession.

Why bother? For me, given the amount I drink, the prices are very
reasonable.

Except the champaign, which is priced like it's the VIP room of a
"gentleman's club". Or so I'm told, having never been at one but
knowing a guy who blew $500 at one one evening.

Stephen in FLL

--
dillon

If you can't figure out how to unmunge my
address, email me and I'll explain it.
Old August 27th, 2006, 11:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dillon Pyron

Thus spake "rieker" :

I'm wondering if that would include wine as well?

Only if it is non-alcoholic wine....I think Welch's makes it.

(its an alcohol policy, not a liquor policy)

According to my TA guide, "Guests are not permitted to bring alcoholic
beverages of any kind onboard for consumption or any other use".

Old August 28th, 2006, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Norm[_1_]

In my docs and on the Royal carib website is a wine order form and the wine
can be delivered to either your cabin or to the dining room. I guess they do
not consider wine as alcohol.
"Dillon Pyron" wrote in message
news
Thus spake "rieker" :

Old August 28th, 2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Kurt Ullman

In article t,
"Norm" wrote:

In my docs and on the Royal carib website is a wine order form and the wine
can be delivered to either your cabin or to the dining room. I guess they do
not consider wine as alcohol.

It says guests are not permitted to bring on alcohol. Obviously in
this case RC gets its money and it is happy.

Old August 29th, 2006, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Dennis P. Harris

On Mon, 28 Aug 2006 20:34:39 -0500 in rec.travel.cruises,
Odysseus wrote:

The problem I have with that policy is that the cruise lines don't stock
what I like to drink. I prefer hard cider to beer. I have never been
able to get that on a cruise ship. What RCI is saying to me is, "If you
don't like to drink what we serve, f--- you."

the way they rip you goobers off, i can't understand why all you
sheeple keep coming back to be fleeced again and again.

one of the many reasons why i won't cruise is silly rules
designed solely to make megabux for the cruise line. and i'm
damn sure that they don't carry my preferred single malt, any of
the beers that i would drink, or most of the very good but
reasonably priced wines from smaller wineries that i prefer.