Greece; strikes n stuff.

Old May 8th, 2010, 07:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
aquachimp

Default Greece; strikes n stuff.

On May 8, 11:46*am, Wolfgang Schwanke wrote:
aquachimp wrote :

On May 7, 9:47*pm, Alexander Arnakis wrote:
On Fri, 7 May 2010 11:33:42 -0700 (PDT), aquachimp

wrote:

Since you're on such a role, information wise, what does "Opa" mean
in Grrek (as in Opa-Opa"
inhttp://www.eurovision.tv/event/artistdetail?song=24963&event=1503
) (-:

It's just an exclamation, like "yippee."

No chance I guess that they'll go on strike during the second chorus?

It's not so bad.

That not what I had intended to imply. In fact Mrs aquachimp thinks
it's the best one. I kinda prefer Russia's., or Sweden (I think.. it's
being a while since I looked at them all)
What I was getting at was to so with strike culture and if they (the
band) did go on "strike" part ways through would the Greeks still be
unable to see it as others elsewhere might? And my line of thinking
for that stems from Alexander's info re. how the transport system came
to a halt but for providing for demonstrators ... and the news
blackout ending when there was something to report...

Being quiet ill-informed, ... actually, almost totally ignorant on the
matter... I can but imagine and wonder if what Greeks really need are
more hobbies. I mean, the personal cost to strike might well outweigh
the financial gains and the efforts required might well exceed what
would be asked of them at work, so the only real incentive left would
be the sense of autonomy it provides, or at least away from the usual
source of being told what to do, when and how, which can be a common
work/job experience for many people and for which a hobby acts as a
release valve.

I'd had wished the Greek Eurovision 2002 had gone on
strike.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sp94nRuwpo

--
¡Su mensaje fue filtrado!

http://www.wschwanke.de/* * * * * * *http://www.fotos-aus-der-luft.de/
* * * * * * * * usenet_20031215 (AT) wschwanke (DOT) de