Shore excursion

Old February 12th, 2004, 03:46 PM
Sandy

Default Shore excursion

I'm booked for a cruise that will take us to Cozumel. I'm a first time
cruiser, and therefore I was wanting more information from people who
have been on shore excursions.
Did you book an activity through your cruise line or from some other
company? Did you enjoy it and would you recommend it? Would you
recommend not having activities planned and making up your own?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Sandy
Old February 12th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Jaime A. Cruz, Jr.

Sandy wrote:
I'm booked for a cruise that will take us to Cozumel. I'm a first time
cruiser, and therefore I was wanting more information from people who
have been on shore excursions.
Did you book an activity through your cruise line or from some other
company? Did you enjoy it and would you recommend it? Would you
recommend not having activities planned and making up your own?
Any advice is much appreciated!
Thanks,
Sandy

You're going to get as many different answers as there are people here
participating in discussions. I had my first ever cruise two years ago;
Western Caribbean aboard the Celebrity Zenith. Not knowing anything
about the places I was going I stuck to the Shore Excursions offered by
the cruise line.

Yes, you can save money by going off on your own, BUT with the
Excursions you get a pretty good idea of where you're going, how long
it'll take, and if there's a problem getting you back to the ship on
time it's THEIR problem, not yours.

That being said, I did the Dolphin Encounter at Chankanaab Park. That
was a beautiful facility and we had a great time while there. I
would've liked to have visited the Mayan Ruins at Chichen Itza (sp?) but
we weren't in port long enough for that one. Some other time, I guess.
We saw plenty of ruins at Costa Maya though.

Whatever you do, be flexible, keep an open mind, and have fun!!

--
Jaime A. Cruz
Secretary
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:35 PM
Pete

We always book our own excursions, we do our homework on the port we are
going to , see what we want to do and go from there For example in Cozumel,
you can swim with the dolphins, very pricey through the cruise line but much
cheaper if you go through their web site. But you have to feel good about
doing this cause many folks will post about by taking the cruise line
excursion you know you will get back on time etc But manage your time
correctly and it is a moot point

Pete
om...