Laos hotels... Help !

Old September 28th, 2003, 11:15 AM
Phelan

Default Laos hotels... Help !

I am trying to book hotels in Vientiane and Luang
Prabang, but having no luck either phoning or faxing !

I would be interested in staying at 'Duang Deuane
Hotel' in Vientiane, the Lonely Planet says their
fax number is 222301 but i get no response from
this, and the email just keeps getting returned.
The other hotel is Senesouk in Luang Prabang -
212074, which doesn't work either !

Can anyone help with a correct number or suggest
somewhere else to stay if those places are crap...
or do I even need to bother booking ?

Thanks for any help !

Phelan

Old September 28th, 2003, 02:12 PM
Chris Blunt

On Sun, 28 Sep 2003 22:15:52 +1200, Phelan
wrote:

I am trying to book hotels in Vientiane and Luang
Prabang, but having no luck either phoning or faxing !

I would be interested in staying at 'Duang Deuane
Hotel' in Vientiane, the Lonely Planet says their
fax number is 222301 but i get no response from
this, and the email just keeps getting returned.
The other hotel is Senesouk in Luang Prabang -
212074, which doesn't work either !

Can anyone help with a correct number or suggest
somewhere else to stay if those places are crap...
or do I even need to bother booking ?

Thanks for any help !

Phelan

Why don't you book through an online agent and leave the
communications problems to them? Asiatravel handle several hotel in
Laos, including the one you want in Vientiane.

http://www.asiatravel.com/laos.html

Try a web search for the hotels and you'll probably find other agents
as well.

Chris

Old September 28th, 2003, 03:06 PM
Per Löwdin

I would not worry. Both Viengchang and Luang Prabang have a lot of hotels,
most are close. Just go to the area where there is a concentration of them,
use the LP to get there.

Per

Old September 28th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Peacenik

"Phelan" wrote in message
I am trying to book hotels in Vientiane and Luang
Prabang, but having no luck either phoning or faxing !

I would be interested in staying at 'Duang Deuane
Hotel' in Vientiane, the Lonely Planet says their
fax number is 222301 but i get no response from
this, and the email just keeps getting returned.
The other hotel is Senesouk in Luang Prabang -
212074, which doesn't work either !

Can anyone help with a correct number or suggest
somewhere else to stay if those places are crap...
or do I even need to bother booking ?

Don't bother. Just go there and look for a place to stay when you arrive. An
added bonus is you will have more flexibility should you change your travel
plans en route.

--
Chris

Old September 28th, 2003, 11:48 PM
john doe

wrote:

I am trying to book hotels in Vientiane and Luang
Prabang, but having no luck either phoning or faxing !

I would be interested in staying at 'Duang Deuane
Hotel' in Vientiane, the Lonely Planet says their
fax number is 222301 but i get no response from
this, and the email just keeps getting returned.
The other hotel is Senesouk in Luang Prabang -
212074, which doesn't work either !

Can anyone help with a correct number or suggest
somewhere else to stay if those places are crap...
or do I even need to bother booking ?

Thanks for any help !

Phelan

I have had the same problem trying to reach Senesouk. I've decided to
just show up and get what I can once I'm there. Maybe I won't get my
first choice, but something will work out. All part of the adventure
some say.