Navy Captures Suspected Pirate Ship

Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Navy Captures Suspected Pirate Ship

To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well. If this is somehow a repeat of an
earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can always be ignored or deleted.

A U.S. Navy ship captured a suspected pirate vessel in the Indian Ocean
about 54 miles off the coast of Somalia in January, according to the Armed
Forces Press Service. The USS Winston Churchill captured the Indian-flagged
bulk carrier six days after the crew of the ship reported they had been
hijacked.

The Churchill stopped the ship by firing warning shots and after boarding
the vessel found a small arms cache, according to a public affairs officer
with the U.S. Naval Forces Central Command. Last November, in an incident
that gained widespread media coverage, pirates off Somalia's coast sought to
attack a Seabourn Cruise Line ship. The Seabourn vessel took evasive action
and outran the pirates.

Happy sailing,
John Sisker
SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll free at
(800) 724-6644 & (pagoo ID: 714.536.3850)
http://www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old March 2nd, 2006, 04:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"John Sisker" wrote in message
ink.net...
To Whom It May Concern:

We came across this information in the trades and thought it would be of
interest to this newsgroup as well. If this is somehow a repeat of an
earlier post, sorry we missed it. This can always be ignored or deleted.

A U.S. Navy ship captured a suspected pirate vessel in the Indian Ocean
about 54 miles off the coast of Somalia in January, according to the Armed
Forces Press Service. The USS Winston Churchill captured the
Indian-flagged bulk carrier six days after the crew of the ship reported
they had been hijacked.

John, this is really very old old news.

--Jean

Old March 2nd, 2006, 01:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Am I the only travel agent frequenting this newsgroup who doesn't
advertise???

Old March 3rd, 2006, 03:33 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "AWB" :

Am I the only travel agent frequenting this newsgroup who doesn't
advertise???

No. Although I occasionally post a news release, nobody knows how to
contact me without unmunging my email address, which points to my home
and not work.
--
dillon

Could have been is in the past