hello..im new

Old March 23rd, 2007, 05:51 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
mp3po

Default hello..im new

hi,

im planning on going over to London and start my bakpaking excursion
there... any experience bakpakers out there?.. your advice as far as the
most important things to take with me...what to where, what to pack, where
to go... give me the basics and the most important things to know. when i
hit france, which way would be better to go... north to germany and those
countries, or south to Paris and on down to italy..or over to spain? give
me the run down. how much money would i be wise to take (minimum figure)?
much thanks!

Jeremy

Old March 23rd, 2007, 07:02 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
Kosol

You can get more Thailand travel guide in www.na-vigator.com.

Old March 25th, 2007, 12:06 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
none2u

"Kosol" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Mar 24, 12:51 am, "mp3po" wrote:
hi,

im planning on going over to London and start my bakpaking excursion
there... any experience bakpakers out there?.. your advice as far as the
most important things to take with me...what to where, what to pack,
where
to go... give me the basics and the most important things to know. when
hit france, which way would be better to go... north to germany and those
countries, or south to Paris and on down to italy..or over to spain?
give
me the run down. how much money would i be wise to take (minimum
figure)?
much thanks!

Jeremy

You can get more Thailand travel guide in www.na-vigator.com.
Now that you told them you are coming . Take two money pouches. One for the
robbery, one for traveling...

Old March 29th, 2007, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
mp3po

thanx for the help...
"youre on yer own kid!"

"none2u" wrote in message
et...

"Kosol" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old April 13th, 2007, 01:00 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
www.hostel.me.uk

"mp3po" wrote in message
. ..
hi,

im planning on going over to London and start my bakpaking excursion
there... any experience bakpakers out there?.. your advice as far as the
most important things to take with me...what to where, what to pack, where
to go... give me the basics and the most important things to know. when i
hit france, which way would be better to go... north to germany and those
countries, or south to Paris and on down to italy..or over to spain? give
me the run down. how much money would i be wise to take (minimum figure)?
much thanks!

Jeremy

Goto Brighton , Newquay , Bath plus loads see and do around England and UK
dont just stay in London.

--
www.poms.co.uk Global backpacking forum.

www.experimentalist.co.uk/shop/index.php Global sim cards & Satellite
Phones.

Old April 13th, 2007, 01:23 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack
William Black

"www.hostel.me.uk" wrote in message
"mp3po" wrote in message
. ..
hi,

im planning on going over to London and start my bakpaking excursion
there... any experience bakpakers out there?.. your advice as far as the
most important things to take with me...what to where, what to pack,
where
to go... give me the basics and the most important things to know. when
hit france, which way would be better to go... north to germany and those
countries, or south to Paris and on down to italy..or over to spain?
give
me the run down. how much money would i be wise to take (minimum
figure)?
much thanks!

Jeremy

Goto Brighton , Newquay , Bath plus loads see and do around England and UK
dont just stay in London.

Money...

Don't carry too much cash, ATMs work...

However your credit/debit cards probably won't work in most shops as they
now require 'chip and pin' in most EC countries and US cards don't have the
'chip'.

Buy 'rover' type tickets at your end as it's cheaper.

If you're into walking around castles then join English Heritage, also at
your end as I think there's a discount.

Meals will cost you about £10 a day if you eat in reasonably cheap places
(including breakfast) £6 a day if you eat 'fast food' and about £3 - £4 a
day if you buy food in supermarkets.

Get out of London and head north...

Prices get lower, food gets cheaper, the people get nicer...

If you're heading for Germany and the Low Countries the head for Hull or
Newcastle and get on the comfortable overnight ferries and travel that way
rather than the crowded and vomit stained Channel Ferries...

You can sometimes get amazingly cheap flights out of the UK if you can get
net access from people like 'Jet 2' and 'Easyjet' but you need to be near
the provincial airports they operate from...

--
William Black