For Phil and Ray

Old February 15th, 2006, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default For Phil and Ray

"Advertisements are not permitted. Advertising should be posted on
rec.travel.marketplace. Advertising is defined as offering prices, specials,
or other matter for the benefit of the person posting the material in
question, or his commercial/financial associates. Offering of specific
prices, specials, or any specific service by the poster to the general
audience, particularly when not made in response to any query or request
from a previous poster is included in advertising. A travel agent may
include his or her agency name, telephone number(s) and address(es) as part
of his or her .sig without it being considered solicitation. Sigs should be
brief, and in no instance longer than four lines."

Old February 15th, 2006, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"F" wrote in message
"Advertisements are not permitted. Advertising should be posted on
rec.travel.marketplace. Advertising is defined as offering prices,
specials, or other matter for the benefit of the person posting the
material in question, or his commercial/financial associates.

Offering of specific
prices, specials, or any specific service by the poster to the general
audience, particularly when not made in response to any query or request
from a previous poster is included in advertising.

Hi everyone I just got this press release and if you want more they are on
my web site. Now who does that sound like?

A travel agent may
include his or her agency name, telephone number(s) and address(es) as
part of his or her .sig without it being considered solicitation. Sigs
should be brief, and in no instance longer than four lines."

I made a bo-bo Phil, you can have 4 lines not 9.

You all live in the same glass house.

Old February 15th, 2006, 02:29 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

F wrote:
"F" wrote in message
[...]

There are some things to consider about the charter. When we wrote the
charter, the infamous "Green Card Lawyer Spam" was occuring. The net
had just been commericalized from the world of the military -
industrial complex and academia, and the .com hosts did not require
people to read the rfc's prior to posting. (In the military -
industrial complex and academia reading the rfc's was required prior to
using the Internet, ARPANET, USENET, or any of the other networks at
the time. Now, contrary to what Fred has to say about the RFC's being
"Just Guidelines", the RFC's are how the Internet functions, and has
since the time of the ARPANET.

Now, when we wrote the charter, we thought people had the common sense
to read the RFC's prior to posting, as that was the background we came
from. We did not realize the commerical ISP were not requiring new
users to read the RFC's prior to use. This was a mistake on our part.
It was becuase of the backgroud of the people who wrote the charter not
having experience with .com isp's. In hindsight, we most likely would
have spelled things out a little more clear and referenced the RFC's.
That is something that should be done in future charters for new
newsgroup creations, the new ISP's no longer require reading of the
RFC's prior to using the internet.

Now, Fred is fairly new at posting on the internet. Looking at his
posting history, they do not go back to the time of the creation of
rtc, or of the time of the "Infamous Green Card Lawyers Spam". He
also seems to be full of disruption, chaos, and hate and discontent for
the group. I have no idea why. Perhaps Fred is just a lonely, mean
spirited person with no friends?

roland

Old February 15th, 2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"piperut" wrote in message
oups.com...
F wrote:
"F" wrote in message
[...]

Roland are you are still reaching for Moderatorship?...........You never got
over that, did you? What a pathetic example of trying to discredit me and
using this forum to make your use of posting OFF TOPIC ok. You still will
not admit that in you were in error.

You amuse me with your knowledge. You refuse to acknowledge that Ray
Goldenberg and others are abusing this news group. Even your pal Phil with
his 9 line sig line, and that jackass not only hosts the charter on his web
site it gets posted here every month. You refuse to show the e-mail or post
asking me to stop advertising your address. When you feel the need to
address these issues you will gain my support.

It is you that has the problems. Please review your posting you submitted
only yesterday, http://tinyurl.com/a2zrm

Old February 15th, 2006, 04:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

[snip]
Roland are you are still reaching for Moderatorship?...........You never got
over that, did you? What a pathetic example of trying to discredit me and
using this forum to make your use of posting OFF TOPIC ok. You still will
not admit that in you were in error.

You amuse me with your knowledge. You refuse to acknowledge that Ray
Goldenberg and others are abusing this news group. Even your pal Phil with
his 9 line sig line, and that jackass not only hosts the charter on his web
site it gets posted here every month. You refuse to show the e-mail or post
asking me to stop advertising your address. When you feel the need to
address these issues you will gain my support.

It is you that has the problems. Please review your posting you submitted
only yesterday, http://tinyurl.com/a2zrm

Fred, now lets just put this in perspective:

First you attack me for organizing the GGC, then you start spamming rtc
with my personal information, then you attack me persoanally in the
rtc, then you start attacking my heritage, and my ancestors, and now
you want to attack my spiritual values?

Fred, take a look at your life. I wonder what makes you tick.

I think you are a loner, with no real life, no real friends. You are
unable to get people to like you, and you just want to stir up trouble.

You need to ask yourself some hard questions, and perhaps you really do
need some professional help...

Are you giving away your processions?
Do you have suicidal thoughts?
Are you taking unnecessary risks with your life?
Are you a danger to yourself or others?

Perhaps we need to find you a counselor of some sort becuase you sound
like you are really starting to loose control of reality.

roland

Old February 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Roland,

This wonderful community you were instrumental in creating would darned near
perfect but for the trolls. I gather Fred has been a thorn in RTC's side
from the beginning, as y'all were putting up with his juvenile antics when I
arrived in '99. As much as I empathize with you having to fend off his
repeated personal attacks, I have to think zero tolerance in the form of
NEVER feeding this or any other troll might prove more effective. Granted,
Fred and some of our other resident pyschopaths have shown remarkable
stamina in talking to themselves, but at least we could make a game of it
and see how long they endure with no response. If we all band together and
refuse to provide any reinforcement of their dysfunctional behavior, odds
are they will finally exhaust themselves and go in search of another
playground...until they resurface to try again, of course.

Hang in there, buddy.

Diana Ball
near Houston, TX

Old February 15th, 2006, 06:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

D Ball wrote:
[...]

Hi Diana,

I tried ignoring him.. that didn't work.
So I am attempting something else. It won't work either.

roland

Old February 15th, 2006, 06:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Fred,

Fred, let's start with one message id where I asked you to stop posting
personal infomation.
I am not going to quote the entire thing, as that is not the point.
.com

Also, if you are going to qoute the rtc charter, as least qoute it, do
not rewrite it:
(travel agents are welcome to the group and are encouraged to participate in the
discussion provided that there shall be no overt solicitation of business within postings).

Now, what the charter says about cross posting is:
Finally, it is requested that articles posted to rec.travel.cruises not be cross-posted to rec.travel or the other travel newsgroups.

Fred, learn to read!

I helped write the charter. I know what is in it. I read the RFC's,
not just RFC 1855, I know what they say. Learn how the internet
operates, learn how USENET functions before you go off half cocked and
sound like an idiot!

roland

Old February 15th, 2006, 07:37 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

me wrote:
[...]

Again - if you are going to qoute the charter, qoute the real charter,
not one you have made up.

I don't care how often you post it, it is not what was submitted to
news.announce.newsgroups, or what was voted on back in 1994. I have
qouted the lines of the real charter that apply.

You really do need a grip on reality, help from a mental professional,
or to be committed for evaluation for suicide prevention.

roland