Request Comparison of Celebrity Century with Zenith and/or Galaxy

Old February 15th, 2006, 07:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Request Comparison of Celebrity Century with Zenith and/or Galaxy

Hi, All!
My wife and I recently finished our first cruise, with a group of
friends, on the Celebrity Century. We loved the experience and are
definitely hooked. Currently, the group of us are in the process of
planning our next cruise - early March of next year. We all really
liked the food, service and general atmosphere on the Century, so we
will probably stick with Celebrity for the next cruise.
Two of the cruises we are considering are a 10-day Ultimate Western
Caribbean on Zenith out of Tampa on March 2, 2007 and an 11-day
Southern Caribbean on Galaxy out of San Juan on March 5, 2007. We are
probably leaning toward the Galaxy.
What I would like is a head-to-head comparison of the experience aboard
the Century with that of either the Zenith or the Galaxy or both by
someone who has done both (or all three). I have a pretty good grasp
on the physical differences among the ships from Celebrity's web site,
but I really want the comparison of the "feel", service and food more
than the physical surroundings.
Any help would be appreciated!

Old February 16th, 2006, 01:11 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"dayoff53" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

I've done all 3 (Zenith 5 times, Century twice, Galaxy once).

Galaxy is a sister ship to Century... though a little different in that she
has a second pool, a solarium pool under a retractable roof. They took
Century and corrected the things they did wrong on her when the built Galaxy
and Mercury. Like more balconies. Galaxy also has different colors...
while Century is very dark and rich (deep reds and dark brown woods), Galaxy
is lighter. Blonde woods, with lots of purples and golds. She's often
referred to as the "platinum blonde" of the fleet.

Zenith is a whole different animal. She's much smaller. She has fewer of
the more "fancy" things. No balcony cabins at all, for example. Only a
single story dining room. No solarium pool. What she IS PERFECT for is
Bermuda. She's small enough to fit into the tight channels so that she can
dock on the main street of Hamilton (one side of the street is shops, the
other side is ships) and one block from the town square in St. Georges.
She's the perfect Bermuda ship because of her size. But I would NOT suggest
going on her for a 10 day Caribbean sailing.

If you said Bermuda, Zenith would be my choice in an instant. But for a
longer sailing in the Caribbean, it's Galaxy.

--Tom

Old February 16th, 2006, 03:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

If you said Bermuda, Zenith would be my choice in an instant. But for a
longer sailing in the Caribbean, it's Galaxy.

Thank you, Tom. I was really leaning toward the Galaxy, in large part
because I like the way the Grand Foyer goes clear through the ship so
that you can see the ocean on both sides and I like the Restaurant
being clear at the stern so you have views out three sides.
In you opinion, how did the experience on the Galaxy compare with the
Century?

Old February 16th, 2006, 11:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"dayoff53" wrote in message
oups.com...
If you said Bermuda, Zenith would be my choice in an instant. But for a
longer sailing in the Caribbean, it's Galaxy.

Thank you, Tom. I was really leaning toward the Galaxy, in large part
because I like the way the Grand Foyer goes clear through the ship so
that you can see the ocean on both sides and I like the Restaurant
being clear at the stern so you have views out three sides.
In you opinion, how did the experience on the Galaxy compare with the
Century?

The experiences were very similar, though we did different itineraries.

--Tom