Southwest Airlines website / flight info

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old July 24th, 2006, 04:01 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
- Bobb -[_1_]

Default Southwest Airlines website / flight info

I have never flown SWA so I have a question about their
website / # of stops listed :
I plugged in my dates and for my flight out it shows 3 stops!
yet lists only one flight # ??
On other airlines I'd normally see the flights listed - Like: Flt #123
and then flt #678 if it had ONE stop.
But here's what I see at SWA website:

Stops Routing Flight Routing Details
3 MHT-LAS 897 Depart Manchester (MHT) at 2:40 PM
Arrive in Las Vegas (LAS) at 9:40 PM

It shows no connecting flight info.Would one airplane have
3 scheduled STOPS ? That's not a plane - it's a fast bus !
Same thing coming back:
2 LAS-MHT 396 Depart Las Vegas (LAS) at 9:15 AM
Arrive in Manchester (MHT) at 7:35 PM

The flight out shows 7 hours + 3 hrs time zone change (?) = 10 hours
flight time, so maybe it IS 3 stops. Is this normal for the "cheap
flights" ? Do they have a FF club ? Seems like I'd get a lot of miles
in a hurry at this rate.

Bobb