South America in 3-4 months?

Old November 28th, 2005, 01:56 AM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

Default South America in 3-4 months?

Hi!

I'm thinking in going to a backpacking trip someday in South America
from Quito, Ecuador to Rio De Janeiro, Brazil. I would like to visit
these coutries: Ecuador, Peru, Bolivia, Chile, Argentina, Uruguay,
Paraguay and Brazil. Is it possible to visit these coutries in a short
time like 3-4 months? I don't want to go everywhere in the country,
just the main attractions... like Paraguay, just to visit the falls...
The country I want to spend the most time is Peru because I don't know
what to visit in the other coutries.

Do you think I can do it? If yes, when are the best months?

Thanks!

Jeff

Old December 9th, 2005, 08:42 PM posted to rec.travel.budget.backpack

Hi Jeff,

I have a good experience traveling in Brazil. Brazil is a big country
and extremely hard to cover on one time. There are a couple of places
that most people would agree are a must:

- Manaus and the Amazon forest (North Region)
- Pantanal (Center-West Region )
- Foz do Iguacu ( South Region - Border with Argentina)
- Beaches of NorthEast region (Maybe Salvador, Recife or Natal)
- Rio de Janeiro (SouthEast Region)

The five places above are very spread apart. The question I would ask
you is 'what is important to you?' I now if you are leaving from US you
can buy an air pass that gives you a good number of flights. There is
no bad time to visit Brazil. The SouthEast region has a South
California type of winter during the months June-August and it gets a
somewhat colder as you approach Argentina (South Region).

Good luck with your trip.

Minerva