great 4wd to travel australia

Old June 2nd, 2007, 09:13 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Default great 4wd to travel australia

Hi

I'm selling a fantastic landcruiser troopcarrier with modifications
which make it the best vehicle you'll come across to take an extended
trip in the outback and stay off the blacktop and away from the
crowds.

It's a 1994 model with the back bench seats removed and a false timber
floor extending from the back to just behind the driver/passenger
seats. This floor is covered with an exact fitting durable carpet and
looks great. Under the false floor, I have stored all the tools and
spares you would need as well as spare oil, brake fluid, distilled
water etc. (Tools etc worth $2000)
There is a dual batter system with a deep cycle battery which connects
to an 50L Engel fridge which mounts onto the false floor on heavy
metal sliding system. I went around Australia for 8 months and let me
tell you this fridge setup really rocks. (dual battery installation
was $1500)

There is a Glynd shower unit under the hood with containers and hoses
to allow you to have a hot shower using the heat from the car engine
when you stop driving. - cost $350
There are 2 long range fuel tanks which gives you over a 1000km before
refuelling

Other features include
Garmin GPS (RRP $800)
UHF and AM radio (you'll need a new aerial - no big deal)
Cargo Barrier (separates the heavy stuff in back - like fridge and
other heavy stuff from light stuff in front - like doonas and pillows
and sleeping bags - safe if you have an accident)
Bull Bar
Side Steps
Excellent Air Conditioning
Roo whistles mounted on bull bar (to scare away roos - worked for me)
Spot lights
I'll throw in the $1000 Engel fridge if the offer is good
Unifilter air filter + oil (reusable air filter - saves buying
replacement air filters on dusty trips)
Loads of other stuff that I'll throw in for the right buyer. Tarps -
etc

Well I could go on and on about what a great car this is but if you
are serious about wanting to go around Australia with a mate or a
girlfriend ( it only seats 2 comfortably now without the back seats)
then call me and i'll take you on a day trip in the car to show you
how great it is and what it is capable of. I really need to sell this
car but I want it to go to someone who is going to use it for what it
was built to do.

I'll be looking for $18000 for everything - but we can negotiate if
you don't want the accessories...

Call Colin on 0403 764 744

if you want to drive around Australia and party with the backpackers
then this is not the car for you. If you want to go to the National
Parks Office and get their maps and find the site with just a green
tent at the end of a 4WD only track (which is the right way to see
this country) then call me. I will negotiate.

Old June 2nd, 2007, 10:58 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
A Mate

Given that the Redbook Value is $13000 tops - for a private sale - this is
(off) highway robbery pricing!

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...p?key=TOYO94DG

Red Book Code TOYO94DG
1994 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER

FZJ75RV Troopcarrier Hardtop 11st 4dr Man 5sp 4x4 4.5i
Prices based on km 260,000 - 390,000
Trade in price guide* $7,600 - $9,500
National average price - private sale* $9,800 - $13,000
Price when new (RRP) $45,940
all prices quoted are GST inclusive

oups.com...

Old June 2nd, 2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Peter Webb[_2_]

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...p?key=TOYO94DG

What a great resource! I had no idea the Redbook was available on-line and
for free.

Thanks

Old June 3rd, 2007, 12:32 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Alan S[_1_]

On Sat, 2 Jun 2007 19:58:43 +1000, "A Mate"
wrote:

Given that the Redbook Value is $13000 tops - for a private sale - this is
(off) highway robbery pricing!

http://www.redbookasiapacific.com/au...p?key=TOYO94DG

Red Book Code TOYO94DG
1994 TOYOTA LANDCRUISER

FZJ75RV Troopcarrier Hardtop 11st 4dr Man 5sp 4x4 4.5i
Prices based on km 260,000 - 390,000
Trade in price guide* $7,600 - $9,500
National average price - private sale* $9,800 - $13,000
Price when new (RRP) $45,940
all prices quoted are GST inclusive

To be fair, their price is for a standard vehicle and
doesn't include all those extras.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/