Food Down Under for Picky Eaters

Old June 10th, 2007, 02:08 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Irene[_2_]

Default Food Down Under for Picky Eaters

Eight of us are planning a March-April 2008 trip. Five of us are kosher
which, for the purposes of this trip, essentially means no meat,
chicken, or shellfish, but fish such as sole, flounder, trout, are fine.
One is a vegetarian who does eat dairy and eggs. Two will eat most
anything. One of the kosher folk doesn't eat vegetables.

The tour we've decided upon includes the Tjapukai Dinner and Show
in Cairns, the Barrier Reef Cruise with Tropical Lunch, and the
ŒSounds of Silenceč dinner.

Has anyone taken these meals or does anyone know if these meals include
anything we could eat-- pasta in butter/oil/pesto is about the only
thing everyone in the group eats!

Thanks.
Old June 10th, 2007, 02:50 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
AlmostBob

Did you bother to mention dietary needs with the providers when you enquired
Australia has a large population that is vegan, kosher, halal,
and every other dietary style
you will be able to attend
temple, mosque, synagogue, church, hall,
or whatever other form pops your cork wherever you are

it seems the 'eight of us' do not plan well

--
If at first you dont succeed
try try try again

_
"Irene" wrote in message
Eight of us are planning a March-April 2008 trip. Five of us are kosher
which, for the purposes of this trip, essentially means no meat,
chicken, or shellfish, but fish such as sole, flounder, trout, are fine.
One is a vegetarian who does eat dairy and eggs. Two will eat most
anything. One of the kosher folk doesn't eat vegetables.

The tour we've decided upon includes the Tjapukai Dinner and Show
in Cairns, the Barrier Reef Cruise with Tropical Lunch, and the
OSounds of Silenceč dinner.

Old June 10th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Shelby

"Irene" wrote in message

The tour we've decided upon includes the Tjapukai Dinner and Show
in Cairns, the Barrier Reef Cruise with Tropical Lunch, and the
OSounds of Silenceč dinner.

Suggest you (or your travel agent) contacts these places. With the
limitations you have, it may be difficult finding anything on the menu if
you don't pre-warn them you're coming. I know when I eat out, I often have
trouble finding something I will eat, but I'm not as limited as some of your
group are. Good luck!!! Suggest you all have a big breakfast!!!

-- pasta in butter/oil/pesto is about the only
thing everyone in the group eats!

I hope you're then taking vitamin/mineral supplements!!!!!

Old June 10th, 2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
Irene[_2_]

"Shelby" wrote:

Suggest you (or your travel agent) contacts these places. With the
limitations you have, it may be difficult finding anything on the menu if
you don't pre-warn them you're coming. I know when I eat out, I often have
trouble finding something I will eat, but I'm not as limited as some of your
group are. Good luck!!! Suggest you all have a big breakfast!!!

Indeed, we have. After checking out the on-line menues of these places,
and seeing what we could eat from the menu for the meal scheduled and
meals they serve at different time, I've asked the Travel Agent to
contact them with requests to make available/reserve certain items. I'm
hoping not to require the granola bars I always pack.

-- pasta in butter/oil/pesto is about the only
thing everyone in the group eats!

I hope you're then taking vitamin/mineral supplements!!!!!

You bet!