Question about guaranteed cabin assigment on NCL

Old July 20th, 2008, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jack Hamilton[_1_]

Default Question about guaranteed cabin assigment on NCL

I'm taking some friends on a trip on the Norwegian Sun in October. The
only cat D Superior Outside Stateroom available at the time I made the
reservation was all the way forward, so I reserved a Guaranteed D,
figuring that the location couldn't be worse and might be better.

Their advanced guest registration page now shows that they have been
assigned a cabin, but it is a category E Outside Stateroom, which is
smaller than a category D.

Are they likely to be reassigned to a larger stateroom before sailing,
or should I start agitating now? I decided on the D solely on the
basis of NCL's claim that it's larger than the E and F staterooms.
Category C is the same size, and the only difference seems to be that
C cabins are on higher decks, which isn't worth anything to me.

Old July 20th, 2008, 01:25 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Jul 19, 6:57*pm, Jack Hamilton wrote:
I'm taking some friends on a trip on the Norwegian Sun in October. The
only cat D Superior Outside Stateroom available at the time I made the
reservation was all the way forward, so I reserved a Guaranteed D,
figuring that the location couldn't be worse and might be better.

Their advanced guest registration page now shows that they have been
assigned a cabin, but it is a category E Outside Stateroom, which is
smaller than a category D.

Are they likely to be reassigned to a larger stateroom before sailing,
or should I start agitating now? *I decided on the D solely on the
basis of NCL's claim that it's larger than the E and F staterooms.
Category C is the same size, and the only difference seems to be that
C cabins are on higher decks, which isn't worth anything to me.

They can't put someone in a lower cabin than was guaranteed with the
booking ... Once assigned they won't change unless pushed ... so start
pushing ...
Are you sure the cabin is smaller though ?? My remembrances were they
were the same size ... (but for a few exceptions ...) Unless they made
some changes ...
Anyway ... call them and find out what's going on ...

Old July 20th, 2008, 01:44 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 16:57:47 -0700, Jack Hamilton wrote:

I'm taking some friends on a trip on the Norwegian Sun in October. The
only cat D Superior Outside Stateroom available at the time I made the
reservation was all the way forward, so I reserved a Guaranteed D,
figuring that the location couldn't be worse and might be better.

Their advanced guest registration page now shows that they have been
assigned a cabin, but it is a category E Outside Stateroom, which is
smaller than a category D.

Hi Jack,

They should not assign you to a lower category than you booked. You
should contact your travel agent immediately and get this fixed.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:18 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"number6" wrote in message
[...]

This is NCL.... everything and anything is possible. It is possible that
this is part of the new NCL Customer Rapid Appreciation Program......
Version 3.257.

--
George Leppla http://www.CruiseMaster.com

October 26, 2008 Sleazy 5 http://www.cruisemaster.com/sleazy5.htm
Feb. 8, 2009 Solstice Valentine http://www.cruisemaster.com/solstice.htm
May 10, 2009 ALASKA http://www.cruisemaster.com/moagc4.htm

Old July 20th, 2008, 02:24 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Jul 19, 8:18*pm, "George Leppla" wrote:
"number6" wrote in message

[...]

We got it George you hate NCL ... it's becoming an obsession with you
now ...
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:35 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
RayC

Jack Hamilton wrote:
I'm taking some friends on a trip on the Norwegian Sun in October. The
only cat D Superior Outside Stateroom available at the time I made the
reservation was all the way forward, so I reserved a Guaranteed D,
figuring that the location couldn't be worse and might be better.

Their advanced guest registration page now shows that they have been
assigned a cabin, but it is a category E Outside Stateroom, which is
smaller than a category D.

Are they likely to be reassigned to a larger stateroom before sailing,
or should I start agitating now? I decided on the D solely on the
basis of NCL's claim that it's larger than the E and F staterooms.
Category C is the same size, and the only difference seems to be that
C cabins are on higher decks, which isn't worth anything to me.

Dude ... if you used a travel agent to get booked, have them get this
fixed NOW! If you booked on your own, then you need to call New Delhi
and sit on hold for the hour or two to get it straightened out right
away! ;-)

--
Ray Contreras
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Old July 20th, 2008, 02:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
George Leppla

"number6" wrote

This is NCL.... everything and anything is possible. It is possible that
this is part of the new NCL Customer Rapid Appreciation Program......
Version 3.257.

We got it George you hate NCL ... it's becoming an obsession with you
now ...

Nope... I don't hate them at all. You might remember years ago that I got
****ed off at Royal Caribbean over pollution issues and didn't sell a group
on them for 4 years. I'm not to that point with NCL yet. I still sell them
and carefully listen to what my customers tell me when they get home. And...

I am considering going on an NCL cruise this year just to see for myself if
the new initiatives have improved the "cruise product". At one time, I sold
more NCL than any other cruise line. Now they are #6 on my list. That has
everything to do with NCL's ability to deliver a good value and the feedback
I get from NCL passengers than any personal feelings I have. It is just
business, plain and simple.

If you were a travel agent, wouldn't you pay attention to posts like the one
in this thread when recommending a cruise line to your customers?

Or... should I just ignore them and go to posting "happy news" and press
releases?

Old July 20th, 2008, 02:53 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
number6

On Jul 19, 8:46*pm, "George Leppla" wrote:
"number6" wrote

[...]

Just quit taking pot shots when not helping the poster ...
Old July 20th, 2008, 03:12 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article
,
number6 wrote:

Just quit taking pot shots when not helping the poster ...

A cruise line that assigns someone a lower cabin than their guarantee
category deserves some pot shots.

--
Charles
Old July 20th, 2008, 04:00 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
frijoli[_2_]

George Leppla wrote:

"number6" wrote

This is NCL.... everything and anything is possible. It is possible that
this is part of the new NCL Customer Rapid Appreciation Program......
Version 3.257.

We got it George you hate NCL ... it's becoming an obsession with you
now ...

Or... should I just ignore them and go to posting "happy news" and
press releases?

George, whether you say it out loud or not, it comes across wonderfully
in your post.
Say what you think, but don't back pedal.

Clay

--
Warning: keyboard may cause involuntary vowel movement - Clay Ferriola

Like Ebay? Try Bidnip. Be sure to put in my email as a referrer! I get
free NIPS!!

http://www.bidnip.com/a.php?id=44955 Snipe eBay Auctions with Bidnip