Is on-board food really that bad

Old July 30th, 2008, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Nonnymus[_4_]

Default Is on-board food really that bad....JOKE!

Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Wed, 30 Jul 2008 07:35:00 -0700, Nonnymus wrote:

For me, it's still Chuck Cheese when I want the
very best.

Hi Nonny,

Ah yes, enjoying the Skytubes® attraction along with a Super Combo and
free refills on soft drinks. What more could we ask for? :+)
Been there, done that with the world's cutest granddaughter.

Ray, when our kids were little, we visited ChuckECheese precisely 2
times before both the kids and we tired of it. Now, however, I take
great enjoyment of listening to our son and his wife describe their
visits to it with their own children. Our granddaughers absolutely love
the place, however, and since one of the birthdays almost coincides with
an anniversary, the kids now celebrate both at ChuckECheese. grin

Nonny

Nonnymus
I'm not who you think I am. I'm not who
I think I am. I am what I think you think I am.
Old July 31st, 2008, 05:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
BobEdwards

On Jul 26, 2:48 pm, Ray Goldenberg wrote:
On Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:06:24 -0400, (Dory

Samuels) wrote:
Bread was served on your individual bread plate with the
1st course. When dishes were picked up after the 1st course the bread
plates were also removed..

Hi Dory,

The bread is served in this manner in many European restaurants.

The rest of the meal was
comical. 4 waiters brought the main course to our table and (after a
silent nod) in unison removed the large silver domes. This was
performed like a ballet.

This is done in upscale European restaurants.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905http://www.lighthousetravel.com
--

I agree with Ray (doesn't that make you feel more secure Ray? ).
The silver dome thing is an European thing. I've seen it in several

I've always been uncertain about tipping in ships' alternative
restaurants. Is service included in the price of the restaurant?
Old July 31st, 2008, 06:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 09:47:22 -0700 (PDT), BobEdwards
wrote:

I agree with Ray (doesn't that make you feel more secure Ray? ).
The silver dome thing is an European thing. I've seen it in several
of the finest restaurants in Paris.

I've always been uncertain about tipping in ships' alternative
restaurants. Is service included in the price of the restaurant?

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the verification that I am not completely crazy (only
partially). :+)
As far as tipping in the specialty restaurants, it really varies by
cruise line so there is not one correct answer.