Paper on Prague and Berlin

Old April 28th, 2009, 02:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
betfort@*remove this*.knology.net

Default Paper on Prague and Berlin

I have a paper due on Prague and Berlin. No special time in history,
no particular subject such as architecture or music, etc. I want to
tie the two cities together as they were assigned together, but other
than persecution of the Jews throughout history but particularly
before and during WWII, I can't join them. Does anyone who actually
has seen these cities have any suggestions? BTW, I'm an old lady
member of a study club, not a student hoping to get someone else to to
my paper for me!
Thanks!
Betty
Old April 28th, 2009, 07:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe,alt.activism.death-penalty
Gregory Morrow[_137_]

betfort@*remove this*.knology.net wrote:

I have a paper due on Prague and Berlin. No special time in history,
no particular subject such as architecture or music, etc. I want to
tie the two cities together as they were assigned together, but other
than persecution of the Jews throughout history but particularly
before and during WWII, I can't join them. Does anyone who actually
has seen these cities have any suggestions? BTW, I'm an old lady
member of a study club, not a student hoping to get someone else to to
my paper for me!

Well, one thing that they have in common is that they are both on the same
continent...

:-)

--
Best
Greg

Old April 28th, 2009, 04:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
betfort@*remove this*.knology.net

Thank you! That's my opening sentence!

Old April 28th, 2009, 05:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Keith Anderson

wrote:

betfort@*remove this*.knology.net wrote:

I have a paper due on Prague and Berlin. No special time in history,
no particular subject such as architecture or music, etc. I want to
tie the two cities together as they were assigned together, but other
than persecution of the Jews throughout history but particularly
before and during WWII, I can't join them. Does anyone who actually
has seen these cities have any suggestions? BTW, I'm an old lady
member of a study club, not a student hoping to get someone else to to
my paper for me!

Well, one thing that they have in common is that they are both on the same
continent...

:-)

Quite!

I think that the paper would have to be one of contrasts. Austria
versus Prussia, Habsburgs versus Hohenzollerns, for example. Maybe
you could also link (but contrast) the peaceful revolution in the DDR
and the subsequent "marriage" of East and West with the Velvet
Revolution leading to the Velvet Divorce betwen the Czech Republic and
Slovakia.

(Another contrast: German beer is good - Czech beer is probably even
better) :-)

Good luck with the project!

Keith (formerly of Bristol UK)
now moved to Berlin/nach Berlin umgezogen
Old April 28th, 2009, 11:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
betfort@*remove this*.knology.net

Oh boy! I think I mentioned I was an old lady! My history is very
weak. I can see nights in the library! Ok, well, nights in front of
the computer digging around on Google. But great idea, and thanks!
Betty