Washington - Boeing Everett Tour

Old January 31st, 2004, 08:40 AM
Annabella

Default Washington - Boeing Everett Tour

Hi all,

Would you recommend the Boeing Everett tour?

We're planning to visit in August. Would we need to prebook tickets, or
would it be OK to just turn up on the day?

TIA,
Annabella

Old January 31st, 2004, 09:00 AM
Annabella

Default Washington - Boeing Everett Tour - PS

Woops!

I forgot to also ask... are the Boeing tours still running?

With all the increased airline security etc, etc, I thought that they
might perhaps have stopped running the tours.

TIA,
Annabella

Old January 31st, 2004, 10:04 AM
Graham Harrison

http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/aboutus/tours/

A quick Google for "Boeing Factory Tour" produced the above.

It's the best part of 30 years since I did the tour but I remember it as
well worth it.

--
*****
*****The "return to" address embedded in this mail is wrong as an antispam

Old February 1st, 2004, 05:43 AM
RVerDon

I forgot to also ask... are the Boeing tours still running?

With all the increased airline security etc, etc, I thought that they
might perhaps have stopped running the tours.

TIA,
Annabella

I don't know if they are still running or not but they are well worth your
time IMO. You just show up, at least that's what we did a few years ago.

Don

Old February 1st, 2004, 05:36 PM
Henk

"RVerDon" schreef in bericht
ink.net...

I forgot to also ask... are the Boeing tours still running?

With all the increased airline security etc, etc, I thought that they
might perhaps have stopped running the tours.

TIA,
Annabella

I don't know if they are still running or not but they are well worth your
time IMO. You just show up, at least that's what we did a few years ago.

Don

We did in June last year and in 1995.
Its still running., but be there early in the monrning.
Sold out is sold out.

Henk
Netherlands.

Old February 2nd, 2004, 03:52 AM
Jim T

Before you go study up on the vertical stabilizer graphics of the different
airlines. Boeing is not allowed to point out which planes they are building
for which airline but the rudder is painted and balanced then added to the
vertical stabilizer so you can guess this for yourself.
"Henk" wrote in message

"RVerDon" schreef in bericht
ink.net...

Old February 2nd, 2004, 04:00 AM
Retiredpilot2003

As a retired Boeing employee, the tour is free. But there must be space. The
tour does sell out each day. Be prepared to do some walking up stairs.
Old February 2nd, 2004, 07:07 AM
Marge Carpenter

"Annabella" wrote in message
Hi all,

Would you recommend the Boeing Everett tour?

We're planning to visit in August. Would we need to prebook tickets, or
would it be OK to just turn up on the day?

TIA,
Annabella

Here is the website http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/aboutus/tours/

I'm sure you will find all the info you need there

Old February 2nd, 2004, 12:17 PM
Henk

"Retiredpilot2003" schreef in bericht
As a retired Boeing employee, the tour is free. But there must be space.

The
tour does sell out each day. Be prepared to do some walking up stairs.

Not for free any more we payed last year $ 5.-- pp.

See this link http://www.boeing.com/companyoffices/aboutus/tours/

Henk.

Old February 4th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Annabella

Thanks everyone for your help.

The Boeing tour is now a definite YES!! (... and a definite book
beforehand!!

Cheers, Annabella