RCI Mariner of the Seas Dinner Question

Old September 5th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Robert

Default RCI Mariner of the Seas Dinner Question

I am scheduled to go on the RCI Mariner of the Seas 9/12/04 sailing to the
Western Caribbean. (Let's hope IVAN doesn't disrupt it!)

Anyway, because of Hurricane Charlie three weeks ago, and now Frances, I was
not able to get to the store to get a new suit for the cruise. (I also have
spent a ton of money on repairs - so I really don't have the extra cash).

So, we have decided not to go to the formal dinners in the dining room
rather than having to spend the $$ on the attire. (I never wear it other
than on a cruise anyway).

So, I think we may do the specialty restaurants (where I can wear a polo) or
the Windjammer.

BUT - I want Lobster!!! Is there any way to get lobster in the Windjammer,
in the specialty restaurant or in my room delivered from the dining room?

Just curious.

Robert

Old September 7th, 2004, 04:04 AM
Peri

Robert wrote:
Is there any way to get lobster in the Windjammer,
in the specialty restaurant or in my room delivered from the dining room?

Just curious.

Robert, while I'm not 100% certain, never having tried it with lobster,
RCCL's room service info says you can get anything on that day's lunch
or dinner menu delivered during lunch or dinnr hours. I don't know why
that would exclude lobster...

~ Peri
Old September 7th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

Peri wrote:

Robert wrote:
Is there any way to get lobster in the Windjammer,

in the specialty restaurant or in my room delivered from the dining room?

Just curious.

Robert, while I'm not 100% certain, never having tried it with lobster,
RCCL's room service info says you can get anything on that day's lunch
or dinner menu delivered during lunch or dinnr hours. I don't know why
that would exclude lobster...

When we were on the Rhapsody of the Sea you could order lunch or
dinner from room service, but it was not the full menu.

sue

Old September 7th, 2004, 06:18 PM
Lee

"Robert" wrote in message ...

BUT - I want Lobster!!! Is there any way to get lobster in the Windjammer,
in the specialty restaurant or in my room delivered from the dining room?

Voyager class ships might be different, but I woouldn't count on
getting your lobster in the Windjammer. We were on Enchantment in
August, and found ourselves in the Windjammer for dinner on lobster
night (it wasn't the formal night - we just decided to stay later in
port which meant missing early seating). If you can avoid dinners in
the Windjammer, do at all costs. The food was awful - actually worse
than the lunches in the Windjammer with less choice.

The way I read the room service menu, during dining room hours, it
appeared that you could get the dining room menu choices delivered to
your stateroom. That's what we should have tried to do, in retrospect.
Live and learn.

Never been particularly impressed with lobster on cruise ships anyway,
so missing it wasn't a big deal to me (not even sure I would have
ordered it). Imho, you're best off taking yourself out to a nice meal
at home for lobster. It'll probably be better.

Lee

Just curious.

Robert