Digital photography, changing the world

Old December 16th, 2004, 09:58 AM
The Reids

Following up to Mxsmanic

Last time I saw it in all uppercase was back in the BITNET days when some of
the protocols involved couldn't deal with lowercase letters.

Ah, so you saw it in uppercase. Well, I've seen it frequenly in
uppercase even on systems that can deal with lowercase letters.

used by people who thought it a true acronym?
--
Mike Reid
Wasdale-Thames path-London-photos "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old December 16th, 2004, 09:59 AM
The Reids

Following up to Mxsmanic

ever photographed a volcano or a forest fire?

Or Saint Elmo's fire, or earthquake lights?

nice move, snip the context and then argue against yourself.

Old December 16th, 2004, 10:21 AM
The Reids

Following up to Mxsmanic

Why are you bothering at all? Apart from the troll-ness of it.

A lot of people read groups like these without participating in them.
Not all of them have minds closed by testosterone, and so they may be
willing and able to learn new things from what they read. I post in
large part for their benefit, even as I realize that the targets of my
posts will often never change their minds.

total ******** (thats as neat to testosterone as we will get) you
have very clearly demonstrated a strong desire *not* to explain
or educate.

Old December 16th, 2004, 10:22 AM
The Reids

Following up to

There are times to be a pedant, and times to be pragmatic,
and my personal suspicion is that you are probably as guilty
of not knowing the former as Anthony is of the latter.

That's quite possible, I have little interest in persuing the
technicalities, knowing there are legions of others will do it
for me, while fewer take an interest in things like good
composition, hence photo ngs tend to talk about cameras.

I usually find Mixis arguments amusing, but in this case, where
he probably had something useful to say, his obfuscation got on
my nerves and his defence that his argument style is designed to
ferret out the truth became exposed for what they are.

The vast majority of digital camera users us NO post
processing techniques, and buy cameras so cheap they
do not have any sophisticated features. They also
can't use filters either.

Same for any type of camera (I don't have a digital as I cant
justify a large outlay for no improvement).

Somewhere between you
and Anthony is a dividing line where pragmatism
and pedantry collide. And no, I don't know
where that line is.

It probably doesn't matter where it is, what has emerged here is
the difference between wish to share knowledge and wish to
gainsay.