Mariner of The Seas vs. Ocean Liners of The Past

Old January 4th, 2005, 01:36 AM
Surfer E2468

KAREN:
Yes you can sit on most ships and look out over the ocean,but wo wants
to sit on a balcony all day,which is where you would have to be to do
what we like to do,and my idea of cruising is not to hibernate in my
roon,but to be on deck and mingle with the people.

Old January 4th, 2005, 01:44 AM
Surfer E2468

CHARLES:
We just returned from a 14 day cruise on celebrity,and we were told you
could sit on the promenade deck,WRONG,you could sit by the pool,or on
the sun deck,or if you could manage it carry a lounge from 2 decks above
the buffet where people sit to eat,and juggle the seat over their
heads,and the tables,you could find a little spot once in a while,people
were staking out their place on deck at 5 & 6 in the morning,and then
not using the lounges again for hours at a time ,they had many
complaints about this.
surfer e2468

Old January 4th, 2005, 02:21 AM
Charles

In article , Surfer
E2468 wrote:

We just returned from a 14 day cruise on celebrity,and we were told you
could sit on the promenade deck,WRONG,you could sit by the pool,or on

I did not say every ship. I said they have ships where you can sit on
the promenade. Both my last Celebrity cruise (Galaxy) and last Royal
Carribean cruise (Jewel of the Seas) were on ships where there were
lounge chairs on the Promenadade deck.

--
Charles
Old January 4th, 2005, 02:25 AM
Jeff Coudriet

I hate Dockers! Although I'm still a big fan of my black suits, not
that is all that I wear of course to work, but they always look great.

Jeff

Benjamin Smith wrote:
Not that I understand the subcultures but I understand the various
grades of denim to some extent. A TV show I watch from time to time
called "What Not to Wear" has explained and demonstrated different types
of jean wear. I even saw a pair of jeans on someone today that I
actually liked (on someone wearing a smart casual outfit).

Still in all, they are denim, they are for the most part blue. And they
are ubiquitous. But I'm encouraged. I went to Old Navy, a popular store,
and saw plenty of colors and different types of fabrics. And I'm
beginning to see in public places people wearing some of what I saw at
the store. A nice break from the sea of denim and "Dockers" types of
clothing, and the sea of black that many women favor to wear.

Old January 4th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Charles

In article j8nCd.14964$hc7.2673@trnddc06, Jeff Coudriet
wrote:

I hate Dockers!

I like Dockers.

Although I'm still a big fan of my black suits, not
that is all that I wear of course to work, but they always look great.

At funerals......

--
Charles
Old January 4th, 2005, 02:43 AM
Charles

In article j8nCd.14964$hc7.2673@trnddc06, Jeff Coudriet
wrote:

I hate Dockers!

I like Dockers.

Old January 4th, 2005, 12:37 PM
*bicker*

A Mon, 03 Jan 2005 23:28:34 GMT, Benjamin Smith
escribió:
So, what I say isn't
based on my wishes, but alternative ways of thinking about things.

I believe you're being disingenuous, since you're casting
your reports of these alternative ways of thinking as in
some way superior to the American way. They're not, of
course. One of the wonderful things about this world is the
diversity of lifestyles it supports.

Folks eager to pursue the American Dream have no better
place to do it than here. By the same token, many of the
cultures you referred to in your message would welcome folks
with open arms, should they wish to follow a different
direction.

--
bicker®