Carnival Executive Complaint address?

Old February 7th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Juliana L Holm

Default Carnival Executive Complaint address?

Does anyone know who the contact would be to file an executive complaint with
Carnival? I am still fighting with them over the $50 charge on my children's
room. It is time to escalate this complaint!

For those who don't know the story, we took the 2 day cruise to nowhere
out of Norfolk in October, with two (adult, aged 20 and 29) children. As it
was our treat to them, we paid for every thing with our card. Since Carnival
insisted on a card for both rooms, we used my credit card to cover the kids'
room. We charged nothing on the kids' room, and when we got our last day
statements, that is what they stated. Nothing on the kids room, a bit under
$160 on ours.

My credit card was charged $50 on the disembarkation day of the cruise. I
called Carnival repeatedly, and they repeatedly promised me a copy of my
statement, which I have never received. Then in January they told me it was
a mistake, a hold on my card but they would remove it. I never got the
credit. Now I called again, and they tell me oh it was because they could
not get the full charge on my husband's card (which I know to be untrue; he
spent $2500 on a new computer the week after the cruise and has plenty of
credit) and cannot explain why the charge is $50 higher than our statement,
except that I or my children must have purchased something, and that they
have sent a statement to me, on February 2nd (and she also said they sent
a statement to me in November.)

--
Julie
**********

http://www.dragonsholm.org/travel.htm
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:06 AM
HDawson228

Could it be the automatic tip?
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:06 AM
HDawson228

Could it be the automatic tip?
Old February 8th, 2005, 12:11 AM
Danni

"Juliana L Holm" wrote in message

[...]

Have you disputed the charge with the credit card company itself?

Something miraculous happens when the accounting department of a company has
to fill out the paperwork issued by the Claims Department of major lending
institution.

Old February 8th, 2005, 01:19 AM
Charlie Funk

Could it be the automatic tip?
Good thought. For a two day cruise to nowhere they may have a different tip
structure than for other cruises.

That said, dispute the charge with the credit card company and let Carnival
sort it out. It isn't your problem.

--
Charlie Funk
Just Cruisin' Plus

Old February 8th, 2005, 04:29 AM
Juliana L Holm

HDawson228 wrote:
Could it be the automatic tip?

Nope. Wrong amount, plus the tip was prepaid and paid with our cruise fare.`

Although the problem is less what it is than that I've been trying to get
a statement to find out what it is for four months and they have not been
able to send a statement.

--
Julie
**********

Old February 8th, 2005, 07:25 AM
Thomas Smith

As another poster stated here, you should contest the charge with your
credit card company. They will be more effective in finding out what
happened since they know exactly who to contact at Carnival. The ship's
purser is responsible for maintaining the itemized reports on what everyone
is charged. This is usually analyzed to see where the on-board revenue
comes from, and how to enhance it in the future. (e.g. is everyone buying
drinks in the bar, portraits in the photo shop, goodies in the souvenir
store, etc.) I am wondering if there was some damage to the room that
occurred and they are trying to, rightly or wrongly, get you to pay for.
You should have received an itemized list, but the cabin steward may have
erroneously delivered it to your kid's room and they, not knowing what to do
with it, threw it away. Still, if you do want to complain to someone in the
Carnival organization, send your letter to;

Bob Dickinson
President
Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Place
3655 NW. 87th Ave.
Miami, FL 33178-2428

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

Old February 8th, 2005, 02:09 PM
Juliana L Holm

Thomas Smith -no-spam wrote:
[...]

Thanks. I want to do both. I am disputing this through my credit card AND
complaining to Carnival.

They did send an itemized list to my kids' room. The total was $0. And the
total on our list was what was charged to my husband's charge. I know there
was no damage to the room, since we met there before disembarking, and it
looked great. I know they did not take towels or robes.

I just want to know what it is, and the fact that they have not provided me
with a revised statement, after promising to do so four.

I don't want anything from Carnival (no free cruise or coupons or anything
like that) except a statement of what I am paying for and a credit if I am
inappropriately charged. Indeed on the fourth of my five calls the woman
told me it was a hold on the card that had not been taken off and it was a
mistake, and my guess is that this is the actual case, and that because it is a
hold not a real charge, they can't generate a statement.

What is frustrating is how long it is taking to resolve, which, alas, seems to
be standard these days in customer service.

Julie

Bob Dickinson
President
Carnival Cruise Lines
Carnival Place
3655 NW. 87th Ave.
Miami, FL 33178-2428

Old February 8th, 2005, 05:49 PM
mb

Juliana L Holm wrote:
[...]

Can't you call the Credit Card company and contest it? I would expect
that would be the simple thing to do.
Old February 8th, 2005, 08:38 PM
William Coleman

don't you only have 60 days to contest it with the credit card companies???
If she went on the cruise in October and that is indeed the case
unfortunately it would be too late now. :-(

Bill
--
visit my Caribbean Princess website
www.cruisingthecaribbeanprincess.com