D'Isney Place Hotel, Lincoln (England)

Old January 18th, 2004, 12:31 AM
Hank Mishkoff

Default D'Isney Place Hotel, Lincoln (England)

Just wanted to say a few good words about this charming and
convenient B&B in Lincoln, where we had the good fortune to
spend the night a few months ago.

First of all, this place has nothing to do with Walt
D'Isney, it's named after a family from Isigny (hence
"D'Isigny" and eventually "D'Isney") who built the structure
as their home in 1725.

We drove into Lincoln late one afternoon and rushed into the
cathedral, but it was about to close. We were ushered out by
the Bishop himself, and we asked him to recommend a place to
spend the night so we could see the cathedral in the
morning, He said that whenever his friends come to town they
stay at the D'Isney, so we walked over to take a look.

We ended up staying in a very large upstairs room that
looked out on a pleasant garden. The staff was friendly and
helpful, the breakfast was excellent, the cathedral was only
a few short blocks away.

(After we checked in, we were on our way out for a walk just
as a woman was checking in, from her conversation with the
proprietress she appeared to be a regular. That evening, we
ran into her at a nearby pub, and learned that she was a
traveling judge in town for a case in the morning at the
court in the nearby castle. We spent a delightful few hours
talking and sipping wine with her and a few of her lawyer
and judge friends who stopped by the table to chat.)

The D'Isney calls itself a hotel, but I would classify it as
an upscale B&B. Delightful place, check it out if you're in
the area.

Their website, BTW, is at http://www.DisneyPlaceHotel.co.uk/

Old January 18th, 2004, 04:24 PM
Freda

What were their rates for the rooms?
Freda
--
Please reply to the list as my email address is a fake

Old January 18th, 2004, 05:45 PM
Hank Mishkoff

What were their rates for the rooms?

The rates don't appear to be listed on their site. My credit
card shows a charge of $148.42, which I assume was for the
room and breakfast. I believe that they have smaller rooms,
which are probably available at a lower rate. On the other
hand, the rate of exchange is much worse now than it was
four months ago, so the effective room rate in US$ is
probably higher now.

BTW, you can contact them at