Unusual things you travel with

Old September 14th, 2005, 04:48 PM
Jack Campin - bogus address

I bring a cup for the bathroom, because the hotels give you those
flimsy plastic things.

I like having something to fiddle with, which is either a small
set of Islamic prayer beads made of magnetite or an egg-sized
rubber brain that was given away as a keyfob to promote an anti-
schizophrenia drug. I've often been heard to say "I can't find
my brain!" when packing.

And now of course my electric bagpipes:
http://www.purr.demon.co.uk/jack/Music/DegerPipe/

Old September 14th, 2005, 06:57 PM
estupendo

Paring knives are out because of carry on baggage and who travels with
luggage these days? And I am quite astonished to read that you can
store a half drunk bot of wine in a "zip-lock" !
I mean whoever heard of storing a half drunk bot of vino ! ? ! Drink
it up.
I always travel with a Koran in case of hijacking. And a false beard.

Old September 14th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Juliana L Holm

In rec.travel.europe estupendo wrote:
Paring knives are out because of carry on baggage and who travels with
luggage these days? And I am quite astonished to read that you can
store a half drunk bot of wine in a "zip-lock" !
I mean whoever heard of storing a half drunk bot of vino ! ? ! Drink
it up.
I always travel with a Koran in case of hijacking. And a false beard.

I travel with baggage.

--
Julie
**********
Old September 14th, 2005, 07:57 PM

estupendo wrote:
Paring knives are out because of carry on baggage and who travels with
luggage these days?

People who want to travel with "dangerous" items like pocket
knives, nail files, and cork screws (oh, yeah, yer suppose to be
able to carry on a cork screw, but there's always the TSA
agent on a power trip to deal with).

And I am quite astonished to read that you can
store a half drunk bot of wine in a "zip-lock" !

It's why they invented corks.

I mean whoever heard of storing a half drunk bot of vino ! ? ! Drink
it up.

We do, the next evening, with some more cheese.

Old September 14th, 2005, 08:14 PM
Padraig Breathnach

Juliana L Holm wrote:

I travel with baggage.

So does Herself.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:19 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On 14 Sep 2005 05:35:42 -0700, "
wrote:

Moist towelettes, the kind they give you a cheap
sea food restaurants, for cleaning up after tasting
local foods "in the wild".

These are essential for any non-first world country, along with
disinfectant.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old September 14th, 2005, 08:47 PM

Padraig Breathnach wrote:
Juliana L Holm wrote:

I travel with baggage.

So does Herself.

Some live with baggage.

Old September 14th, 2005, 09:06 PM

Hatunen wrote:
On 14 Sep 2005 05:35:42 -0700, "
wrote:

[...]

Moist towelettes, the kind they give you a cheap
sea food restaurants, for cleaning up after tasting
local foods "in the wild".

Baby wipes work better than the towelettes, and you can seal some
in a zip-loc storage bag.

Heck of an idea. What's on them things?