Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:23 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
gel[_2_]

Default Driving cross country with expired tags - how to avoid police?

I did not learn a single fact about the roads of New-Orleans from you.

--
Sent via Travel Newsgroups
http://www.travelnewsgroups.com

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Pat O'Connell" wrote in message
. ..
Alohacyberian wrote:

Well, if I'm to choose an eatery or a place to shop, I'll pick Santa Fe
and Taos any day over Albuquerque, if only for the ambience! :-)
Visiting big cities just doesn't cut it compared to the alternative! KM

Just remember you'll be paying extra for ambience--anywhere.

Who cares? You seem like someone who lives in Albuquerque who has an
obsession and is on a mission to keep people from visiting Santa Fe and
Taos! ;-) Granted, your remarks have convinced me to skip Albuquerque.
Those who promote their own areas always interest me; those who bash other
areas always cause me to note them as places to ignore. KM
--
(-:alohacyberian:-) At my website there are 3600 live cameras or
visit NASA, the Vatican, the Smithsonian, the Louvre, CIA, FBI or

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Steve" wrote in message
Alohacyberian wrote:

This is the Usenet, I'm not interested in "proof".

OK then, you're wrong. In no state is there a distinction drawn. I
assert that.

Congratulations. KM

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:42 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Andrew Tompkins" wrote in message
. ..
Steve wrote:
OK then, you're wrong. In no state is there a distinction drawn. I
assert that.

Steve, you're usually not this ugly. What's going on? BTW, your
assertion would be incorrect.

Dunno, but, I did note his failure to provide any information that would
support his contentions or any citations that would disprove my contentions.
KM

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Gary E. Ansok" wrote in message
In article ,
Alohacyberian wrote:
If you have ever driven from Los Angeles to Las Vegas, or many
places on I-10, you'd readily see that there are many places where you can
drive as fast as the car will allow, simply because you're alone on the
freeway.

umm.. have you driven from Los Angeles to Las Vegas? "Alone" is not
something that I've *ever* felt on that part of I-15.

LOL! Well, I understand your remarks. But, fifteen years ago if one
attempted such a feat during the week, it was possible to spend a great deal
of time alone on the freeway. Not too likely now, but I always left about
4:00 AM so as to beat the majority of the traffic. KM

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Alohacyberian wrote:
Then again, who knows if your assertions are true? Your M.O. has always
been to ignore the point and pounce on some sideline trivia in order to
derail the conversation into your desire to make personal attacks and get
away from the issues under discussion. KM

I pounced on sideline trivia??? LOL. You were the one who claimed to have
landed
in Toronto on a day when it was so extremely cold that it exceeded the
record

No, dearie, I claimed that the winters in Hawaii are milder than those in
Ontario, and the summers are also milder than those in Ontario. Now if you
don't want to accept that contention, be my guest. I trust you'll be able
to find someone to bicker with who will take your bait. KM

Old July 28th, 2006, 05:57 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Alohacyberian

"Marsha" wrote in message
Alohacyberian wrote:

LOL! There were a lot of anti-war songs that were my favorites. If they
were good music, I liked them. After I posted my remarks, I went online
and listened to Pete Seeger's rendition of "Where Have all the Flowers
Gone?" (and a few other versions) and decided that I like the Peter, Paul
and Mary version the best. I have all their albums, since the folk music
of the 60s is my second favorite form of music. Those who aren't aware
of the folk music of the 60s don't know what they're missing! ;-) KM

Have you listened to Bruce Springteen's tribute to Pete Seeger? Excellent
music.

Oh, yes! Thoroughly enjoyable! KM

Old July 28th, 2006, 06:11 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Hatunen

On 27 Jul 2006 15:27:19 -0700, "Sapphyre"
wrote:

Another road complaint (California specific), is when I'm booting along
at 65-70 with the other cars, but there's a gap, so the 18 wheeler
edges out in front of me, and slowly passes whatever at 55 mph. It
****es me off, because you'd think he'd see me closing in on him at a
high speed and realize it's better to let me get ahead of him and his
passing before slowing me down for a good 10 or so miles of roadway
where I keep having to apply my brakes. On the other hand, putting
myself in his shoes, if I'm in the right lane following someone doing
slower than 55, and I have a schedule to meet, I'd get past that guy at
the first opportunity where it's safe enough to change lanes.

And once the 18-wheeler is commmitted to passing and has its
steam up, it's pretty heavy to suddenly brake just to let you by,
or me, since the same thing rankles me. I-5 needs an extra lane
each way from the Grapevine northward.

Old July 28th, 2006, 01:43 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2006-07-25 23:17:51 -0400, gel said:

No matter what your created quite a controversy. Your newsgroup thread
has over 25 pages of reply .I read most of the replies.Most are ready to
jump the guns on you.It is understandable because who would brag about
the fact that they are going to break the traffic act.

You seem to be trying to make like you've cleaned up your (oops, sorry,
"you're") act, but it isn't working. Everything you say has been said
in this thread ten times before. Then you come up with wonders like "No
matter what your created quite a controversy", which means exactly
nothing.

Why don't you go back to Medicine Hat, or wherever you're (oops, sorry,
"your") from, smash your (oops, sorry, "you're") computer, and resume
living under a rock and screwing maggots.

Old July 28th, 2006, 01:44 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,misc.transport.road
Dave Smith

Alohacyberian wrote:

I pounced on sideline trivia??? LOL. You were the one who claimed to have
landed
in Toronto on a day when it was so extremely cold that it exceeded the
record

No, dearie, I claimed that the winters in Hawaii are milder than those in
Ontario, and the summers are also milder than those in Ontario. Now if you
don't want to accept that contention, be my guest. I trust you'll be able
to find someone to bicker with who will take your bait. KM

I beg your pardon, but you claimed to have travelled to Toronto in winter and
cited a temperature that was several degrees colder than Toronto's record cold
temperature. You then said that you travelled again to Toronto in the summer
and arrived to find it extremely hot, citing a temperature that was several
degrees hotter than the city's recorded high. You got caught in a lie, and now
you can't even be honest about what you said.