Airlines in Central America

Old June 10th, 2004, 09:45 AM
Piper

Default Airlines in Central America

Hi...which airlines fly between central america countries? In
particular,between Costa Rica,Honduras and Guatemala. Thanks for your help.

Veronica

Old June 10th, 2004, 05:39 PM
Raffi Balmanoukian

in article , Piper at
wrote on 6/10/04 5:45 AM:

Hi...which airlines fly between central america countries? In
particular,between Costa Rica,Honduras and Guatemala. Thanks for your help.

Veronica

Whatever you do, stay away from Avensa and Servivensa, the Venezuelan
airlines. My litany:

1. Changed ticket price on check-in (don't like it? Don't board.)
2. Attempted to change itinerary requiring an overnight at my cost. When I
balked, they said "OK, stay with your original itinerary."
3. When attempting to make the cnx, it turns out they were attempting to
make that change because of a strike - anyone who complained was told things
were OK and then abandoned at the terminal.
4. On return, they took off when they felt like it, meaning various missed
cnx - they shrugged their shoulders.
5. They lost luggage for a week (each terminal saying another had it).
Response to this? Another shrug.
6. Bags arrived "a little lighter than when they left."
7. Request for compensation ignored, then told I would be taken care of,
then ignored again until I had someone in Florida chase after them (which
normally I wouldn't do but enough was enough).

On investigating a little further, I found out this is apparently far from
isolated; a well-traveled friend who is very familiar with the developing
world and its foibles also had numerous troubles despite confirmed bookings;
this is in addition to other anecdotal evidence.

So who DOES? I suspect the usual suspects - Varig, United, AA, Argentinas,
etc. I've flown the first two and had excellent experiences.

Old June 11th, 2004, 07:48 PM
www.tjerkstravels.com

Try www.taca.com

greetz,