USA Today article on Freedom of the Seas

Old May 12th, 2006, 09:31 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default USA Today article on Freedom of the Seas

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...the-seas_x.htm

My thoughts, could RCI's timing have been any worse with Poseidon opening
today? However, that said, the article says they are fairly well booked
into January.

--
I'm Tom Smith, and I approved this message.

Old May 12th, 2006, 09:57 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Thomas Smith" wrote in message
http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...the-seas_x.htm

My thoughts, could RCI's timing have been any worse with Poseidon opening
today? However, that said, the article says they are fairly well booked
into January.

What I find amazing is that with NBC's "Today Show" devoting three hours
this morning to FOTS, there has been absolutely no discussion of it.
--
DG in Cherry Hill, NJ

Old May 13th, 2006, 01:04 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake "Thomas Smith" :

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...the-seas_x.htm

My thoughts, could RCI's timing have been any worse with Poseidon opening
today? However, that said, the article says they are fairly well booked
into January.

RCI has a "sale" in for June sailings. Today only.
--
dillon

I didn't climb to the top of the
food chain to become a vegetarian.
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:36 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

In article , Dillon Pyron
wrote:

RCI has a "sale" in for June sailings. Today only.

My impression, and it is only an impression right now is that cruise
demand is softening, and that cruise prices are starting to fall.

--
Charles
Old May 13th, 2006, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dick G wrote:
"Thomas Smith" wrote in message

http://www.usatoday.com/travel/news/...the-seas_x.htm

My thoughts, could RCI's timing have been any worse with Poseidon opening
today? However, that said, the article says they are fairly well booked
into January.

What I find amazing is that with NBC's "Today Show" devoting three hours
this morning to FOTS, there has been absolutely no discussion of it.

I taped the show but haven't had time to watch it yet.

sue
Old May 14th, 2006, 04:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

I taped the show and watched it this morning. I wasted my time. They
didn't show much of the ship except for the flow rider and the bridge. What
little I did see looked just like Voyager. I don't know about the 4300
capacity. Seems like it might be pretty crowded to me.

--
Tom

Old May 14th, 2006, 04:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Charles :

In article , Dillon Pyron
wrote:

RCI has a "sale" in for June sailings. Today only.

My impression, and it is only an impression right now is that cruise
demand is softening, and that cruise prices are starting to fall.

Carnival is having a lot of Thursday Only sales offering mulitple
upgrades and cabin credits. RCI and Celebrity are offering deals on
some pretty nice cruises pretty far out. We may be reaching
saturation. I don't know if the economy is softening or what.
Although the Med is pretty hot now.

Old May 14th, 2006, 05:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Charles wrote:

In article , Dillon Pyron
wrote:

RCI has a "sale" in for June sailings. Today only.

My impression, and it is only an impression right now is that cruise
demand is softening, and that cruise prices are starting to fall.

I just got a great deal on Explorer out of NJ in August. Last
year, deals on summer cruises out of NY/NJ (certainly of the
sort I got) were unheard of. My TA said that he is seeing low
demand on Caribbean cruises this year. Anyone else care to
confirm?

Bill