American Floyd Landis wins 'tour de france'

Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Delirium Tremens

Default American Floyd Landis wins 'tour de france'

Now I'm just waiting for some French newspapers to tell us about his
drug taking.....

Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge

Default newportman spams

Now i'm just waiting for you to read your papers and weigh off our backs.

news: ...

Old July 23rd, 2006, 06:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
irwell

On 23 Jul 2006 09:44:33 -0700, "Delirium Tremens"
wrote:

Now I'm just waiting for some French newspapers to tell us about his
drug taking.....

He did have a 'miraculous' recovery after the mountain breakdown.

Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Rog'

"irwell" wrote:
He did have a 'miraculous' recovery after the mountain breakdown.

The comraderie at that level is such that I would not be
surprised if next day, when he did the break-away, they
gave a nod and decided not to chase. =R=

Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:11 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kristian

"Delirium Tremens" wrote:

Now I'm just waiting for some French newspapers to tell us about his
drug taking.....

Maybe he was , maybe he wasn´t . And honestly , who gives a ****
anymore. At the beginning I was sorry to Ullrich and Basso go, but I
think that 2006 turned out to be a great Tour de France.
--
Kristian
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Padraig Breathnach

Kristian wrote:

"Delirium Tremens" wrote:

Now I'm just waiting for some French newspapers to tell us about his
drug taking.....

Maybe he was , maybe he wasn´t . And honestly , who gives a ****
anymore.

Well, as you ask: I do.

At the beginning I was sorry to Ullrich and Basso go, but I
think that 2006 turned out to be a great Tour de France.

For a while I tried not to believe what I really knew had to be the
case: that drug use is normal in professional cycling. But too much
evidence emerged, and I have suspended my suspension of disbelief. I
don't watch the Tour any more. Nothing is great about a crowd of
cheats trying to out-do one another.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED
Old July 23rd, 2006, 10:03 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Padraig Breathnach wrote:

[]
For a while I tried not to believe what I really knew had to be the
case: that drug use is normal in professional cycling. But too much
evidence emerged, and I have suspended my suspension of disbelief. I
don't watch the Tour any more. Nothing is great about a crowd of
cheats trying to out-do one another.

Much as I enjoy a little bit of cycling myself, I've never been that
interested in watching it as a sport.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old July 24th, 2006, 12:01 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

He did have a 'miraculous' recovery after the mountain breakdown.

In an interview he said that he "got new power overnight". Well, I'm
not shure what he exactly meant, but obviously he did :-)

After such a break down he suffered in the mountains it takes minimum 2
days for the metabolism to recover from the oxygen dept. Shorter is
impossible, where impossible means that no such miracle has been
documented before.

So I guess it will be a never ending story like the one of Lance
Dopestrong, with strange things happening and finding and disappearing
of evidence or not-evidence after many years and so on. I would not be
surprised if Lance's doctor dope Ferrari would also show up.

Walter

Old July 24th, 2006, 12:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Delirium Tremens

wrote:
He did have a 'miraculous' recovery after the mountain breakdown.

In an interview he said that he "got new power overnight". Well, I'm
not shure what he exactly meant, but obviously he did :-)

After such a break down he suffered in the mountains it takes minimum 2
days for the metabolism to recover from the oxygen dept. Shorter is
impossible, where impossible means that no such miracle has been
documented before.

So I guess it will be a never ending story like the one of Lance
Dopestrong, with strange things happening and finding and disappearing
of evidence or not-evidence after many years and so on. I would not be
surprised if Lance's doctor dope Ferrari would also show up.

Walter

I read its because he is a Menonite !
something German (nicht wahr ?)