The Serbian experience

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Sanja

Default The Serbian experience

"tile" wrote in message

(cut)

Are you an idiot or you're just slow?
Anyone who has read my posts if he's litterate enough is able to comprehend
what I was saying.
I'm 1/3rd Italian and I live in a city with 3% of Italian minority. I
participate in all of their activities and yet you keep telling me that
Italians have no rights in Croatia.
You don't know a thing on the subject because if you'd new you'd know the
history of the eastern part of Adriatic and would't make such claims as
those that Venetians were indigenous inhabitants of Dalmatia, that Dubrovnik
was built by them etc. If you think that Italian or Croatian historians are
partial, go read books published in English, French or German. Do whatever
but educate yourself before you make your claims.
Have you even ever been to Istria or Rijeka? If you were, you'd know that in
Istria, due to the rights given to them by the Croatian laws, all the
streets in Istrian town are bilingual, all the institutions in Istria are
bilingual (I've already listed nursery, primary and grammar schools in
Italian). Ask any of the Italians in this region how do they feel about
their status (since I'm only 1/3 of Italian origin maybe I'm not Italian
enough for you so go ask sb else). Or, if you can afford it (you probably
can't and that's maybe the reason of your frustration), go and buy a
property in Istria, there's no law to stop you. I don't see Austrians or
Hungarians complaining. And they actually made my city flourish during the
19th century while Italian rule between the 2 wars made the city's economy
to collapse. And yet they don't claim someone stole Pula or Rijeka from
them. Get your act together, it's not in European fashion to be such a bigot
and such a scauvinist and to sulk because your army wasn't strong enough to
conquer as much territiory as you would like.
And don't tell me about minorities because I've been a minority all of my
life and I can tell a scauvinist and a nationalist when I see one. And
you're a fine example.

Old April 2nd, 2007, 03:53 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
tile

"Sanja" ha scritto nel messaggio

"tile" wrote in message

[...]

I am sorry
but I do not speak with people that are too blind to see the truth.

I was just checking about the people living in istria and Dalmatia before
the second world war and now.

so.. if you do not know. go and read these statistics

as to the situation of Italy and Croatia now..
it takes a lot of phantasy to say that Croatia is better off than Italy

you have a currency that might be good to play monopoly
an economical situation very near to bankruptcy
very few modern roads and railways.

again. you did not answer my questions about zone A and Zone B.
as to war. all wars are a mistake. but Yougoslavia without the help of
demmocratic countries could not possibly have won any war.
In any case. it has been under a regime like Tito's for enough years... it
is in the eyes of everybody the result of his regime.
Now that Yougoslavia after the fall of the wall of Berlin was not
interesting anymore for anybody.. it simply disappeared from the geography
giving life to a few states whose importance is not bigger than San marino's
(maybe San marino is more important )

Live and fill yr mouth with yr nationalism.
I am still waiting for when Croatia will come and beg Italy to accept
indemnities.. just to enter Europe from the back door.
Just think that Ruimania and Bulgaria are now in Europe. and see how
important Croatia is.
end.