Cyprus

Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:26 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Jay[_1_]

Default Cyprus

Is a visa required for traveling to Cyprus for nationals outside of UK?
Which other countries offer a free Visa or 30 Day Visa for tourists?
I know Maldives do that!

Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:03 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
J B[_2_]

"Jay" wrote in message
Is a visa required for traveling to Cyprus for nationals outside of UK?

We own a house in Cyprus and we've been going there for ten years now, but
my knowledge is still limited! :-)

Presumably (?) you mean southern Cyprus not Northern (Turkish occupied)

Cyprus is part of the EU now FWIW.

My American brother in law has been out to our place a couple of times for a
fortnights holiday without any questions.

Dunno if it's any help but that's my limited knowledge.

Maybe a look here will help???
http://www.cyprusliving.org/linkscons.html

--

J B

Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:08 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Ray O Vac

"Jay" wrote in message
Is a visa required for traveling to Cyprus for nationals outside of UK?
Which other countries offer a free Visa or 30 Day Visa for tourists?
I know Maldives do that!

Who requires a visa?
Required by all except the following:
(a) nationals of Britain, Australia, Canada, USA, Other EU, Japan for a stay
of up to 90 days;
(b) nationals of Andorra, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria,
Chile, Costa Rica, Croatia, Czech Republic, Ecuador, El Salvador, Estonia,
Guatemala, Honduras, Hungary, Iceland, Israel, Latvia, Liechtenstein,
Lithuania, Malaysia, Malta, Mexico, Monaco, New Zealand, Nicaragua, Norway,
Panama, Paraguay, Poland, Korea (Rep), Romania, San Marino, Singapore,
Slovakia, Slovenia, Switzerland, Uruguay, Vatican City, Venezuela, and
Special Administrative Regions of the Peoples' Republic of China: Hong Kong
and Macao for a stay of up to 90 days;
(c) transit passengers continuing their onward journey by the same or first
connecting aircraft within 24 hours provided holding valid onward or return
documentation and not leaving the airport.

HTH!
Ray

Old April 2nd, 2007, 11:14 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Jay[_1_]

"Jay" wrote in message
Is a visa required for traveling to Cyprus for nationals outside of UK?
Which other countries offer a free Visa or 30 Day Visa for tourists?
I know Maldives do that!

I am trying to find out for a friend who has a Philippians Passport but is
living in the UK and has UK indefinite leave to stay.
Does he need a VISA?

Old April 2nd, 2007, 12:34 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message , at 11:14:30 on
Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Jay remarked:
I am trying to find out for a friend who has a Philippians Passport but is
living in the UK and has UK indefinite leave to stay.
Does he need a VISA?

Yes. But we also need to know if he's going there for work/study, and
whether he also holds a visa for North Cyprus, in which cases extra
conditions apply. Also special conditions if part of a school trip.
--
Roland Perry
Old April 2nd, 2007, 01:06 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

On Apr 2, 11:14 am, "Jay" wrote:
"Jay" wrote in message

... Is a visa required for traveling to Cyprus for nationals outside of UK?
Which other countries offer a free Visa or 30 Day Visa for tourists?
I know Maldives do that!

I am trying to find out for a friend who has a Philippians Passport but is
living in the UK and has UK indefinite leave to stay.
Does he need a VISA?

Assuming that he would be travelling as a tourist, and would stay for
30 days or less, the only countries in/near to Europe that he can
visit without a visa are Switzerland and Gibraltar (NOT Spain).

Old April 2nd, 2007, 09:28 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.europe
Roland Perry[_1_]

In message , at 22:01:59 on
Mon, 2 Apr 2007, Runge1 remarked:
Why don't you ask the consulate instead of asking a bunch of old drunkards
???

Who are you calling old ??
--
Roland Perry