Travelling around Europe

Old March 30th, 2007, 02:20 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Valmir

Default Travelling around Europe

Hi,

I'm thinking about to travel around Europe at the end of this year.
I'd like to meet the following cities. The number in the brackets are
the days I intend to expend in each city:

Rome (4)
Florence (2)
Piza Just stop to take pictures
Barcelona (3)
Madri (3)
Porto (1)
Lisboa (2)
Berlin (?)
London (5)
Liverpool (2)
Paris (5)

Somebody that had already been in this places could advice me if the
days I planned are enough? I culdn't find a friend that had been in
Berlin, and I have no idea of how much time to expend there.

Thanks in advance

Old March 30th, 2007, 02:36 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
OughtFour

"Valmir" wrote in message
ups.com...

Rome (4)
Florence (2)
Piza Just stop to take pictures
Barcelona (3)
Madri (3)
Porto (1)
Lisboa (2)
Berlin (?)
London (5)
Liverpool (2)
Paris (5)

Somebody that had already been in this places could advice me if the
days I planned are enough?

"Enough" is one of those subjective things, but I think it is possible to
have a reasonably satisfying experience within those time constraints if
one's expectations are not unrealistic, if that is what you mean. I'd trade
a day in Madrid for a day in Rome, but maybe that's just me. (Also must
admit I haven't visited all of these places.)

Have you taken into account that these destinations are all over the map?
Getting from place to place will not be a trivial part of your trip. Also,
on a trip of this length I would want some time in the countryside, and
you've picked all cities. Just some things to think about.

Have a great trip!

Old March 30th, 2007, 02:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
me[_5_]

On Mar 30, 9:20 am, "Valmir" wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking about to travel around Europe at the end of this year.
I'd like to meet the following cities. The number in the brackets are
the days I intend to expend in each city:

Rome (4)
Florence (2)
Piza Just stop to take pictures
Barcelona (3)
Madri (3)
Porto (1)
Lisboa (2)
Berlin (?)
London (5)
Liverpool (2)
Paris (5)

Somebody that had already been in this places could advice me if the
days I planned are enough? I culdn't find a friend that had been in
Berlin, and I have no idea of how much time to expend there.

How are you planning on moving around? You seem to be jumping
around alot so I am presuming you plan on flying. I'm also not sure
what your interest in Liverpool is. I suspect you'll want roughly 3
days
in Berlin based upon your other city stays.

Old March 30th, 2007, 03:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alan S[_1_]

On 30 Mar 2007 06:20:08 -0700, "Valmir"
wrote:

Hi,

I'm thinking about to travel around Europe at the end of this year.
I'd like to meet the following cities. The number in the brackets are
the days I intend to expend in each city:

For those that I went to, the number in () is the days I
spent on my first trip, [] is the second one. And I had a
wonderful time.

How are you moving between them?

Rome (4)

(5)
Florence (2)

(1)[2]
Piza Just stop to take pictures

(Just stop to take pictures - 3 hours)
Barcelona (3)

[2]
Madri (3)

(2)
Porto (1)
Lisboa (2)
Berlin (?)

(1)
London (5)

(4)[4]
Liverpool (2)
Paris (5)

(5)[4]

Somebody that had already been in this places could advice me if the
days I planned are enough? I culdn't find a friend that had been in
Berlin, and I have no idea of how much time to expend there.

Thanks in advance

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Epidaurus
Old March 30th, 2007, 03:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

On Mar 30, 8:20 am, "Valmir" wrote:
Hi,

I'm thinking about to travel around Europe at the end of this year.

If you mean the very end of the year, be aware that almost all of
Europe will be cold in December, except for the Mediterranean coast.

I'd like to meet the following cities. The number in the brackets are
the days I intend to expend in each city:

Rome (4)
Florence (2)
Piza Just stop to take pictures

That sounds about right. If you are very interested in art you might
want an extra day in Florence. Also you might want an extra day in
Florence for a day trip to Siena.

Barcelona (3)

3 days is a minimum. If you want to see a few of the museums or a lot
of the Gaudi architecture beyond just the major sights, spend 4-5
days.

Madrid (3)

The main highlights of Madrid are its three excellent art museums and
a day trip to Toledo. If you're not interested in art, skip Madrid
and go to Granada and Seville instead.

Porto (1)
Lisboa (2)

I would spend 3-4 days in Lisboa.

Berlin (?)

Berlin really deserves 5 days. It is a large sprawling city that
takes a lot of time to get around, and you need a lot of time to
really get a feel for the different areas and the former East and
West, and to begin to understand the city's many layers of history.
Also, there are many worthwhile museums in Berlin.

London (5)
Liverpool (2)
Paris (5)

Your plan mostly sounds about right. I assume those numbers don't
include travel days. How do you plan to get around? I assume you
will mostly take trains but fly one-way to and from Berlin?

Old March 30th, 2007, 03:14 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
ocelot

is Pisa such a ******** ?

Old March 30th, 2007, 04:10 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor

me wrote:

On Mar 30, 9:20 am, "Valmir" wrote:
[...]

Beatles, from previous posts. Liverpool is an easyjet and ryanair hub,
so it's easy to fly to and from FWIW.

--
(*) ... of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
Old March 30th, 2007, 04:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ron MacCarthy

Iceman wrote:
On Mar 30, 8:20 am, "Valmir" wrote:
[...]

I'd give Florence and Oporto and extra day, especially Florence!!!!!
Old March 30th, 2007, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Iceman

On Mar 30, 9:14 am, "ocelot" wrote:

is Pisa such a ******** ?

The Tower and the buildings around it (the "Field of Miracles") are
impressive, and there is more to Pisa than just those few places.

However, the Tower receives an absolutely huge number of tourists, and
it is surrounded by endless souvenir stalls, so most tourists who just
see the Tower, the tourist mobs, and the flea market atmosphere of the
souvenir stalls around the Tower will be disappointed.