American cross-country - power points?

Old October 10th, 2003, 12:52 PM
Fustanella

Default American cross-country - power points?

I'll be flapping my wings on American from Orlando to San Diego soon, and
wanted to know if I could expect a place to plug in my laptop in cattle
class - and if so, if we're talking 110AC, 12DC or some other format.
Thanks.
Old October 10th, 2003, 04:29 PM
Not the Karl Orff

In article ,
Fustanella wrote:

I'll be flapping my wings on American from Orlando to San Diego soon, and
wanted to know if I could expect a place to plug in my laptop in cattle
class - and if so, if we're talking 110AC, 12DC or some other format.
Thanks.

I don;t think so....
Old October 10th, 2003, 04:31 PM
Miss L. Toe

"Not the Karl Orff" wrote in message
In article ,
Fustanella wrote:

I'll be flapping my wings on American from Orlando to San Diego soon,

and
wanted to know if I could expect a place to plug in my laptop in cattle
class - and if so, if we're talking 110AC, 12DC or some other format.
Thanks.

I don;t think so....

I think you can on their 777 in cattle - check www.seatguru.com for your
plane type.

Old October 10th, 2003, 05:59 PM
mrtravel

Fustanella wrote:

I'll be flapping my wings on American from Orlando to San Diego soon, and
wanted to know if I could expect a place to plug in my laptop in cattle
class - and if so, if we're talking 110AC, 12DC or some other format.
Thanks.

As long as you don't get on an old TWA MD80 or an Embraer

Seatguru shows you where they are located

Old October 10th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Duke Dukem

Make sure you have the correct power adapter--they do not have 112v outlets,
they are special 12v plugs. Just think how fun it would be to have 112v
outlets at each seat! Passengers could bring hair dryers, belt grinders,
electric drills, George Foreman grills, and margarita machines and plug them
in right at their seats!
Old October 11th, 2003, 12:08 AM
mrtravel

Duke Dukem wrote:

Make sure you have the correct power adapter--they do not have 112v outlets,
they are special 12v plugs. Just think how fun it would be to have 112v
outlets at each seat! Passengers could bring hair dryers, belt grinders,
electric drills, George Foreman grills, and margarita machines and plug them
in right at their seats!

No, they couldn't. They wouldn't be able to draw enough amps.
Voltage is only part of the equations.

Old October 11th, 2003, 03:04 AM
Duke Dukem

Geez, mrtravel apparently has no sense of humor!!
Old October 11th, 2003, 03:22 AM
mrtravel

Duke Dukem wrote:
Geez, mrtravel apparently has no sense of humor!!

I was only trying to point out that you can't just bring any item and
connect it to the power port.

Old October 11th, 2003, 04:16 AM
Duke Dukem

mrtravel--can you perhaps get it through your head that you do not need to
interject your comments in every single thread on this newsgroup. You have
added absolutely nothing of value to this thread and you look
ridiculous/pathetic--can you not see this? do you not have anything else to
do?
Old October 11th, 2003, 04:36 AM
mrtravel

Duke Dukem wrote:
mrtravel--can you perhaps get it through your head that you do not need to
interject your comments in every single thread on this newsgroup. You have
added absolutely nothing of value to this thread and you look
ridiculous/pathetic--can you not see this? do you not have anything else to
do?

And you ?? What value did you add?