Bombs in LOndon

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:43 PM

Andy Pandy wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
I don't think this is an appropiate reaction at this time.

he's a rather unpleasant self confessed troll.

Clearly. Best wishes from the USA in this time of confusion and
sadness.

Thanks.

Just a shame how such incidents bring out some peoples' bigotry.

--
Andy

whose, George Bushes ? Tony Blairs ? the Terrorists ?
I'm just telling you the truth. If you choose to ignore it thats your
problem. Actually its not because you're not one of the casualties.

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:46 PM

I think the point is that there has been long-standing, low-level
terrorism in many parts of western Europe for decades (different parts
at different times). Terrorist incidents in the U.S. have been fewer,
and bigger, and more recent. So perhaps terrorism is more accepted as
part of the 'landscape' in Europe.

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:48 PM

Andy Pandy wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I was mostly joking. But Ulster is in Northern Ireland, as I'm sure you
know. Not sure what the big deal is.

No, NI is in Ulster.

Oh. In that case, never mind ;-)

There are 9 counties in Ulster, 6 of which are in Northern Ireland and 3 of
which are in the Republic of Ireland.

I guess I thought Ulster was a city. So what is it? Not a county...
a "region"?

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:48 PM
Andy Pandy

wrote in message
oups.com...
My understanding is that the reward in heaven figures pretty heavily in
the suicide bomber mentality.

Of course it is. In fact what they do makes much more sense than religious
people who think they will go to heaven, but who don't positively *want* to

die
as soon as possible.

For those who have absolute certainty about their religious beliefs,
yes.

For those who are a bit more sophisticated and understand that absolute
certainty about the afterlife isn't in the cards, no. No one's ever
come back to let us know for sure.

Jesus did. If you're a Christian.

Also, there is the idea that even if there is a heaven, the correct
thing to do is try to live one's life on earth as well as possible.

Of course. I wasn't wondering why they don't all commit suicide, just why
many/most people who believe they will go to heaven don't seem to be positively
looking forwards to it.

--
Andy

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM

Andy Pandy wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
tell us Mike, why do you think this happened.

Because the idiots in this country re-elected the government who decided to
invade Iraq?

--
Andy

Yep. Apparently this has caused a lot of bad feeling.
We had sympathy with the USA after 9/11, and condoned the Afgan job,
but Iraq was built on a lie. They further compounded the problem by
sacking the Army and now they (and we) are up **** creek without a
paddle.

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:51 PM

Andy Pandy wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
I was mostly joking. But Ulster is in Northern Ireland, as I'm sure you
know. Not sure what the big deal is.

No, NI is in Ulster.

Oh. In that case, never mind ;-)

There are 9 counties in Ulster, 6 of which are in Northern Ireland and 3 of
which are in the Republic of Ireland.

OK, I answered my own question.

http://www.ireland-map.co.uk/

Now I get it. All of NI is in Ulster. But not all of Ulster is in NI.
Thanks for the geography lesson.

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Andy Pandy

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was mostly joking. But Ulster is in Northern Ireland, as I'm sure

you
know. Not sure what the big deal is.

No, NI is in Ulster.

Oh. In that case, never mind ;-)

There are 9 counties in Ulster, 6 of which are in Northern Ireland and 3 of
which are in the Republic of Ireland.

I guess I thought Ulster was a city. So what is it? Not a county...
a "region"?

It's one of Ireland's 4 provinces.

--
Andy

Old July 7th, 2005, 07:55 PM

Andy Pandy wrote:
wrote in message
oups.com...
My heartfelt condolences... the elation of the "Games" to this very low
point.

As a New Yorker, my condolences as well. I love London and
hearing about the destruction, deaths, injuries and the fear
that Londoners will experience as a result for a long time
to come makes me ill. I know people there will respond with
courage, just as New Yorkers did to 9/11.

Terrorism only started on 9/11 for Americans,

What about Oklahoma city? What about various embassy bombings? What about the
previous attack on the WTC?

the 'War on Terror' started after 9/11

the IRA existed long
before this. Unfortunately their activity was paid for by American fund
raising.

And what proportion of Americans do you think contributed, xenophobic arsehole?

No idea. Do you deny Noraid existed ?

You are confusing xenophobia with reality.

Old July 7th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Andy Pandy

wrote in message
ups.com...
Terrorism only started on 9/11 for Americans,

What about Oklahoma city? What about various embassy bombings? What about

the
previous attack on the WTC?

the 'War on Terror' started after 9/11

So? You wrote "terrorism", not "the war on terrorism" which has an appropriate
acronym.

the IRA existed long
before this. Unfortunately their activity was paid for by American fund
raising.

And what proportion of Americans do you think contributed, xenophobic

arsehole?

No idea. Do you deny Noraid existed ?

Of course it existed. Fund raising exists in this country for Al Qaeda. What's
your point?

--
Andy

Old July 7th, 2005, 08:06 PM
Andy Pandy

wrote in message
oups.com...
Just a shame how such incidents bring out some peoples' bigotry.

whose, George Bushes ? Tony Blairs ? the Terrorists ?

The kind of bigots who will try to blame Muslims in general, or Americans in
general, etc.

By all means blame our leaders, or those who voted for them, or the terrorists
themselves. Then you are blaming people for their actions - not blaming them
because of who they are.

--
Andy