Bombs in LOndon

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Frank Hucklenbroich

Am Thu, 07 Jul 2005 12:29:42 +0100 schrieb The Reids:

seen close picture, not open topped, no company name on side, I
conclude NOT tour bus.

Here's a photo:

But you can't see the side of the bus.

Regards,

Frank
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:30 PM
The Reids

Following up to Nils Zonneveld

Terrorism only started on 9/11 for Americans, the IRA existed long
before this. Unfortunately their activity was paid for by American fund
raising.

I don't think this is an appropiate reaction at this time.

he's a rather unpleasant self confessed troll.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:34 PM

The Reids wrote:
Following up to Nils Zonneveld

Terrorism only started on 9/11 for Americans, the IRA existed long
before this. Unfortunately their activity was paid for by American fund
raising.

I don't think this is an appropiate reaction at this time.

he's a rather unpleasant self confessed troll.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Walk-eat-Spain "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk" -- dontuse@ all, it's a spamtrap
Photos of both "http://www.lawn-mower-man.co.uk"

tell us Mike, why do you think this happened.

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:35 PM
The Reids

Following up to Rita

And the troubles England had with the IRA can hardly be attributed
to support from groups in the United States.

Indeed, but largely funded by NORAID etc in recent years.

I won't disagree that
aid did go to the IRA from various groups here. But England's
IRA troubles go back a long, long way.

True. And involve the whole of Britain in various complicated
ways (protestant emmigration between Ireland and Scotland).
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:35 PM
The Reids

Following up to Magda

... I don't think this is an appropiate reaction at this time.

Go ahead, tell us what is "appropriate" every second of our lives. We are listening.

I let you out of the killfile and first thing you post is stupid!
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:39 PM
The Reids

Following up to Rita

I am sure the London police have been on alert for terrorism
there, just as our police force is in New York City. But there
is no way to be perfectly safe. From what I've been hearing, and
it is early yet, the London attacks must have been planned for
some time to coincide with the G8 meetings. I know that as in
New York, no vigilance in the underground transport systems can
assure perfect safety there.

Yes, you can never make yourself safe from terrorism in a
democracy. I think all western countries are now focused on the
need to address it, but we haven't been able to agree on tactics!
Old July 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM
mary

Magda wrote:
On Thu, 07 Jul 2005 15:11:27 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, Nils Zonneveld
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... Of course its all your decision if you want to act like a jerk.

Back at you!

So, tell us what is appropriate, apart from burying your head in the sand, like the
american did four years ago.

More like 8 years ago, when Clinton was in power.

Mary

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:44 PM

Transport for London says it was a number 30 bus travelling from
Hackney to Marble Arch. Definitively, then, NOT a tour bus.

Old July 7th, 2005, 02:45 PM

The Reids wrote:
[...]

we could stop invading other peoples countries in search of oil,
that might lessen our exposure.

Old July 7th, 2005, 03:00 PM
Padraig Breathnach

The Reids wrote:

Yes, you can never make yourself safe from terrorism in a
democracy.

I don't think that it is only democracies that are vulnerable to
terrorist attacks.

I think all western countries are now focused on the
need to address it, but we haven't been able to agree on tactics!

Bush, Blair, and Aznar agreed on tactics.

--
PB
The return address has been MUNGED