Georgia Acquarium in Atlanta

Old January 25th, 2006, 02:12 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

Default Georgia Acquarium in Atlanta

We are planning a trip to Atlanta next month and will be staying at one
of the hotels near the N5 MARTA stop in Atlanta. Our daughter wants to
see the new Georgia Acquarium. Is this acquarium near a MARTA station?
Which one?

Old January 25th, 2006, 06:45 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

"Ira Humperdink MD" wrote in message
oups.com...
We are planning a trip to Atlanta next month and will be staying at one
of the hotels near the N5 MARTA stop in Atlanta. Our daughter wants to
see the new Georgia Acquarium. Is this acquarium near a MARTA station?
Which one?

The Georgia Aquarium is located in downtown Atlanta across from
Centennial Olympic Park.

Georgia Aquarium
225 Baker St
Atlanta, GA 30313.
A quick Google map search will give you details of how to get there from the
nearest Marta Station.
J.

Old January 25th, 2006, 06:49 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

dude, i already have this information. What I need is for a local to
tell me if it is an easy walk or a difficult one. Is this a bad
neighborhood? Are there sidewalks and directions posted? Or is it a
deserted area between the marta station and the entrance to this
acquarium? I will be walking with a little girl and her mom.

Old January 25th, 2006, 07:06 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

"Ira Humperdink MD" wrote in message
oups.com...
dude, i already have this information. What I need is for a local to
tell me if it is an easy walk or a difficult one. Is this a bad
neighborhood? Are there sidewalks and directions posted? Or is it a
deserted area between the marta station and the entrance to this
acquarium? I will be walking with a little girl and her mom.

Mark, from what your first post sounded, you didn't even know where it
was, and for someone who claims all the education and intelligence you have,
you could neither spell aquarium correctly, nor do a Google map search
before asking the question.
J.

Old January 25th, 2006, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

"Ira Humperdink MD" wrote in message
oups.com...
We are planning a trip to Atlanta next month and will be staying at one
of the hotels near the N5 MARTA stop in Atlanta. Our daughter wants to
see the new Georgia Acquarium. Is this acquarium near a MARTA station?
Which one?

Sounds like you're staying in Midtown. The Aquarium is easy walk (3-4
blocks) from Peachtree Center southwest entrance. It's on the edge of
Centennial Park, which should be well marked (CNN Center is on the park as
well). I haven't been down there since it opened, so I'm not sure about
signage. But given the amount of publicity it's been getting, it shouldn't
be hard to find. That area is fine during the day, it's always had downtown
workers, and now it's getting a lot more visitors. There are "ambassadors"
around that area on Peachtree if you get confused. It's probably safe at
night too, with multiple people, but it will be more deserted. While you're
in Centennial Park, make sure you see the fountains with your daughter.

Make sure you check about tickets ahead of time. Since the opening in
November, it's been sold out a lot...that's probably slowed some, but since
you have a little girl to please, I know you don't want to disappoint her.
:-)

Let me know if you have any other questions about Atlanta.

Sarah

Old January 25th, 2006, 10:55 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

On 24 Jan 2006 22:49:47 -0800, "Ira Humperdink MD"
wrote:

dude, i already have this information. What I need is for a local to
tell me if it is an easy walk or a difficult one. Is this a bad
neighborhood? Are there sidewalks and directions posted? Or is it a
deserted area between the marta station and the entrance to this
acquarium? I will be walking with a little girl and her mom.

Well, "dude", since you asked, "Is this acquarium near a MARTA
station? Which one?", it didn't seem like you had the information.
Yes Atlanta has paved streets and there are sidewalks. No mountains in
the downtown area to make the walk difficult (although some places can
be somewhat hilly.)
If you're asking for help, in general it's beneficial to be at least
fairly polite.

Old January 26th, 2006, 01:46 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

thanks, sarah. This was just what I wanted.

Old January 26th, 2006, 01:49 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

I was impolite to to the original response since if somebody answers
(like mr. venning did) then it usually discourages somebody else with
superior information from providing his better answer. a poor answer
completely kills off the thread.

Old January 26th, 2006, 03:17 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada,soc.culture.china

Ira Humperdink MD wrote:
I was impolite to to the original response since if somebody answers
(like mr. venning did) then it usually discourages somebody else with
superior information from providing his better answer. a poor answer
completely kills off the thread.

Really. I don't find that to be the case. Based on your other posts to
soc.culture.china, which are always attempts to insult Chinese people,
it seems likely that you are just generally boorish.

Old January 26th, 2006, 05:53 AM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada

In article .com,
Ira Humperdink MD wrote:
I was impolite to to the original response since if somebody answers
(like mr. venning did) then it usually discourages somebody else with
superior information from providing his better answer. a poor answer
completely kills off the thread.

A "poor answer"?? He told you where it was and even provided the exact
address. There was no call for you to respond rudely.

Patty