Diamond Princess 5/13 Departure Revised!

Old May 13th, 2006, 03:18 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Diamond Princess 5/13 Departure Revised!

Hi Everyone,

I received this last minute change from Princess for today's sailing
of the Diamond Princess. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Diamond Princess May 13 Departure Time Revised

Due to operational requirements, Diamond Princess' May 13 departure
time from Vancouver has been changed from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm. As a
result, the Vancouver terminal will not be available for check-in
until 5:30 pm, and passengers are advised not to arrive at the pier
earlier than that time.

Passengers who purchased a Princess transfer will be met upon arrival
in Vancouver and assisted by Princess representatives. Passengers with
independent transfer arrangements are advised to arrange their plans
accordingly.

We apologize for any inconvenience this change may cause our
passengers and look forward to welcoming them aboard Diamond Princess.
Old May 14th, 2006, 07:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Ray Goldenberg wrote after 10 am on 5/13:
Hi Everyone,

I received this last minute change from Princess for today's sailing
of the Diamond Princess.

Blatent AD BILLBOARD snipped

Due to operational requirements, Diamond Princess' May 13 departure
time from Vancouver has been changed from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.

If that's not a blatent excuse for a blatent AD, I don't know what
would be!

For whom was the "last minute change" excuse intended?

Don't you think the passenger would either have already KNOWN
it, or the 3.5 hour delay in departure time wouldn't have mattered?

Dr. Bob. aka Reef Fish

Old May 14th, 2006, 08:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

Ray Goldenberg wrote after 10 am on 5/13:
Hi Everyone,

I received this last minute change from Princess for today's sailing
of the Diamond Princess.

Blatent AD BILLBOARD snipped

Due to operational requirements, Diamond Princess' May 13 departure
time from Vancouver has been changed from 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm.

If that's not a blatent excuse for a blatent AD, I don't know what
would be!

For whom was the "last minute change" excuse intended?

Don't you think the passenger would either have already KNOWN
it, or the 3.5 hour delay in departure time wouldn't have mattered?

Dr. Bob. aka Reef Fish

If you do a search this whole problem with Ray has been discussed to death
before. Even the TA's came to his rescue, that was in the late 90's when I
had the time. Thanks for picking up where I left off Bob.

Fred

Old May 14th, 2006, 11:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

F wrote:
"Reef Fish" wrote in message
ups.com...

[...]

Ray's problem is well-known, to anyone who has been in this group for
any amount of time.

His ADs and spamming wouldn't be nearly as bad if he provides
some USEFUL INFO, for those who seek travel help. But he doesn't.
He just spams and spams while intimidating OTHER TAs who abhores
his act of spamming.

I don't really have the time to pick up where hundreds of others left
off. It's just a matter of playing the role of a good citizen who
fights
off a well-known mugger, in a neighhood I visit, because of the
frequency of my recent cruising -- 16 in the past two years alone!

I found, over the course of my visit to rec.travel.cruises, I often
have
better and more useful INFO for those who ask questions than the
other TAs, and Ray NEVER has the correct INFO even in the rare
instances when he took time from his spamming to post something
that's not a press-release excuse of his.

Case in point: The Princess Pier in Manhattan! The regular Old
Ladies of this group didn't have the info. Ray didn't have the info,
when he dropped in to chat with them. NOBODY had the hard
info on it. So I finally did the research for the details (since I
had been to Manhattan via the Newark airport dozens of time) and
gave the time/distance/fare of ALL the options, from taxi, to bus,
to limo -- covering all possible ways to get from EWR to the pier.

I was interested in the INFO myself, because I was going to a cruise
that originated there. The only INFO I found in this group was the
ones I provided myself.

I just came from the Anchorage to Seward thread. I provided what
I think is the "best way" for many, and I explained WHY; while
everyone else who responded said take the 6:45 am train!

I concluded the post with a comment and two questions:

RF What could be simpler and more leisurely and enjoyable?

RF Why didn't your travel agent know and tell you about this?
RF Why didn't Ray Goldenberg, with all his press releases, offer
RF you any help on this?

I think an equally good way, for posting any slogan to BOYCOTT
Ray Goldenberg for his Ads and Spams, is for EVERYONE who
has offered useful INFO to others in this rec.travel.cruises group
to those who sought help to ask the SAME question:

RF Why didn't Ray Goldenberg, with all his press releases, offer
RF you any help on this?

I think, in the long run, that would be BY FAR the best way to kill
the King Rat.

I am going to start that NOW, whenever I have some good INFO
to offer others, on cruising, and then ask:

RF Why didn't Ray Goldenberg, with all his press releases, offer
RF you any help on this?

or some similar question that everyone can understand. The
advantage of that approach is that those who killfiles the INFO
providers will MISS the INFO, while Ray Goldenberg will be known
to be the one who places ADs but never have any useful INFO
to offer to those who asks!

Wat da y'ALL think, as we say around Hotlanta where Chrissy
roams Cobb County's Walmart stores. :-)

-- Dr. Bob. (aka Reef Fish).