Changes at DFW...

Old March 28th, 2006, 01:24 AM posted to rec.travel.air

Default Changes at DFW...

Changed planes at DFW last week - first trip through since all the Intl flights
were moved to Terminal D - and noticed a few changes.

The old Eagle satellite terminal has been shut down. Apparently, moving the AA
international flights to Term D opened up enough gates that Eagle could use the
first 10 or so Terminal A gates. Some gates have stairs from the end of the
jetway to the ramp. AA parks 4 of the Saabs around a single gate. Didn't walk
to the end of Terminal A to look, but I suspect the stairs and escalators to the
lower bus staging area has been closed.

Saw an AA aircraft parked at one of the high Terminal B gates also.

Terminal E looks like a ghost town. Reminds me of when Eastern shut down at ATL.
The Delta Connection satellite building remains closed and most of the Delta
logos have been removed from the jetways in Terminal E.
Old March 28th, 2006, 10:47 PM posted to rec.travel.air

"Clark W. Griswold, Jr." wrote in message
Changed planes at DFW last week - first trip through since all the Intl
flights
were moved to Terminal D - and noticed a few changes.

The old Eagle satellite terminal has been shut down. Apparently, moving
the AA
international flights to Term D opened up enough gates that Eagle could
use the
first 10 or so Terminal A gates. Some gates have stairs from the end of
the
jetway to the ramp. AA parks 4 of the Saabs around a single gate. Didn't
walk
to the end of Terminal A to look, but I suspect the stairs and escalators
to the
lower bus staging area has been closed.

Most of the Eagle jet flights have been moved to Terminal B. AirTran, ATA,
Frontier, Spirit, Continental, and Northwest are now at Terminal E, and US
Airways/America West will ultimately be moving there as well (I assume that
includes Midwest, since US currently works their flights. I don't know
about United.