Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

Old December 14th, 2006, 05:52 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish,alt.society.anarchy
brique

Default Jews Strive To Restore Christmas Trees At Seattle Airport

Mike Painter wrote in message
t...
Anarcissie wrote:
Tchiowa wrote:
How can you not "participate"? Christians and other fans of
the holiday -- especially merchants -- run the holiday down your
throat, starting in late October.

Not around here. There were some serious sales displays in early October
this year.

Last weekend in September seems to have become the start of the 'trading
season' over here. All the supermarkets re-jig their displays and out come
all the tinsel, mince pies and assorted 'christian' symbols.....

Mind, I did see a restuarant with a large banner advertising its 'chirstmas
meal deal'. that was in August.....

Old December 14th, 2006, 06:02 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Laura Sanchez

Too bad Christianity doesn't return the favor.

Excuse me? It's Christians that are the only ones defending Israel and
denouncing anti-Semitism.

Old December 14th, 2006, 06:09 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.abortion,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
Mike Hunt

Laura Sanchez wrote:

Too bad Christianity doesn't return the favor.

Excuse me? It's Christians that are the only ones defending Israel and
denouncing anti-Semitism.

Yet, they can't seem to share the winter holiday season by permitting a
one Jewish symbol at the airport.
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:47 AM posted to alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
James A. Donald

James A. Donald:
It is like negotiating with the Palestinians.

Mxsmanic
Maybe. It can't be like the Israelis, since they
refuse to negotiate.

They negotiated at Camp David, and look at the results.

--
----------------------
We have the right to defend ourselves and our property, because

http://www.jim.com/ James A. Donald
Old December 14th, 2006, 07:57 AM posted to alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
James A. Donald

James A. Donald:
It is like negotiating with the Palestinians. You
cut a deal with the PLO, and then they say "thanks,
and now for the demands of Hamas: ..." If you
begin, there is no end.

Thanks for telling us just what you think of everyone
who is not Xian.

But there was no end: Consider for example Kwanza.

And while the Christmas trees are designed to be as
inoffensive as possible, "Goodwill to all men" the
menorah is not - it the equivalent of putting a manger
at the airport, and of course the Kwanza stuff is
designed to be confrontational, and having put the not
so innocuous menorah among the innocuous christmas
trees, the next demand would be for the confrontational
Kwanza stuff, and having put the Kwanza stuff, next come
the Wiccans - we have already been through all this.
That is why people don't put mangers out any more. If
we have to go through it all with Christmas trees also,
people will not put Christmas trees out any more either.
It was too hard, it is too hard, and there is no end to
it.

--
----------------------

Old December 14th, 2006, 08:05 AM posted to alt.atheism,alt.anarchism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish,alt.society.anarchy
James A. Donald

:
Better still -- buy a one-way trip to Saudi Arabia.
There are NO Xmas trees in their airports -- or
anywhere else.

"Anarcissie"
I have been told otherwise.

By the usual fans of terror and mass murder, who now that
communism is no more, seem to be becoming fans of Islam.
Did Beslan get your rocks off?

I think it's quite possible that the Saudis tolerate
various nominally monotheistic performances.

Googling for Saudi persecution of Christians, the first
hit tells me:
: : At least eight other Filipinos arrested in
: : the police crackdown on suspected Christian
: : worshippers have reportedly been transferred
: : out of detention cells, in preparation for
: : their imminent deportation later this week.

The next hit tells me:
: : Islam is the official religion of the Kingdom
: : of Saudi Arabia, and all citizens must be
: : Muslims. The Government prohibits the public
: : practice of other religions.

--
----------------------

Old December 14th, 2006, 08:18 AM posted to alt.abortion,alt.anarchism,alt.atheism,rec.travel.air,soc.culture.jewish
James A. Donald

"James A. Donald"
Christmas is a universal celebration,
heavily celebrated by pagans such as
Chinese and Japanese. It is intended to be
universal.

"
Christmas is a Christian holiday.

And everyone I know who calls themselves Xian would be
offended at any suggestuion otherwise.

Sounds like you don't know too many Christians.

Who was suing against what display of Xmas trees?

Past experience shows any concessions would swiftly be
followed by new grievances from new people. There would
be no end of it. Saying that all this guy wanted was a
menorah is like saying that all the Palestinians want is
security in their land rights and the release of
prisoners. Satisfy one grievance, and you get a dozen
more, for the real grievance is Christmas itself, as
flavia and dsharavi's remarks reveal. If Christmas is
a strictly Christian holiday, then any observance of it
whatsoever, such as everyone taking a holiday at the
same time, is a grievance and an offense.
--