Phnom Penh is beautiful

Old September 23rd, 2007, 10:19 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alan S[_1_]

Default Phnom Penh is beautiful

On Sun, 23 Sep 2007 09:58:06 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Alan S says...

The pre-budgets for my trips were surprisingly accurate,
possibly because I enjoyed messing about with Excel in the
pre-planning and squeezing the max enjoyment out of the
minimal dollar. Provided it's a long trip, amortising the
flight costs, it works out at about ¤180 per day all
included. And I mean ALL.

Well, 22 days x 180¤/day = 3960¤
That's quite close to my 4000¤ guesstimate :-)

I'm contemplating some bookings in Bangkok, Hong Kong,
India, Jordan and Egypt for this next trip at the moment
using various bookers. Have you used AsiaRooms before? Any
comments on them? Other options I'm looking at include
priceline.hk and various Indian web-sites. I've already
booked Siem Reap direct with a guest house.

We used asiarooms last year for a hotel in Dubai. Everything went well
and we were even allowed to check in at 8:20am (we landed in Dubai after
a sleepless night in the plane at 6:30am).
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Dubai/2006/#0812

In the same trip we also tried to make bookings through asiarooms in KL
(Hotel Boulevard) and Langkawi but both places were fully booked, and
after receiving the notification that the rooms would be unavailable no
amount was deducted from our credit card.

By contrast, in 2003 we booked a room through expedia at the Mercure Inn
in Luxor (Egypt). When arriving it turned out that the hotel staff knew
nothing about our reservation - apparently they had not been notified by
expedia.
http://www.molon.de/travelogues/Egyp...art2.html#2212

Thanks; good info. Will check further.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia
Old September 24th, 2007, 06:22 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

wrote:

[...]

I booked myself in KL hotel Sol melia ca 60 dollars per night includind
breakafst
a super hotel

Hotel in KL are very cheap